KLE Innovations Silver HarmonyRCA's - not silver eh?

OK - so if you have not yet seen it, there are some postings on the web that calls into question the "integrity" of KLE Innovations. Simply because it was believed that the contacts in the Silver Harmony RCA plug should have been made from solid silver.

When those posters learned that this was not the case - they got upset.

One web site has even gone so far as to post photo’s of Harmony RCA’s with the silver coating ground off to display what they believe to be just plain copper.

Theatrics? - YOU BET!

Since I have been a proponent of KLE Innovations products for many years and have posted many reviews and positive comments. I felt it was important to bring this to everyone’s attention to avoid possible misconceptions and future postings that might propagate this kind of nonsense.

Please checkout the KLE Innovations site and read the Brochure and Technical Paper at
https://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/klei-harmony-plug/

I think you will find that nowhere does it state that the Silver Harmony is fabricated from "solid silver".

"Silver Harmony" is just the name given to that model of RCA, which achieves a higher level of performance than the Copper Harmony, but not as high as the Pure Harmony or Absolute Harmony models.

To quote from KLE Innovations documents:
Proprietary mathematical modeling is utilized to produce the Silver Harmony’s ground to signal pin relationship, parameters, and determines the proprietary metallurgical processes that are used.

Note the key word here "Proprietary" - this means KLE Innovations are not about to give away what metals or alloys are used, so stop pontificating and just enjoy their abilities.

What you get is a family of RCA’s that are advanced way beyond the accepted norms of current RCA designs, that are capable of extremely high levels of resolution.

If you want more proof of their abilities simply google "Silver Harmony" and take a look at the number of cable fabricators that use them.

What did grinding off the silver coating achieve? One totally useless set of RCA’s - that’s all.

Regards - Steve

williewonka
When these connectors came out they were indeed advertised as "pure silver".  Pure silver means totally silver.  The lowest one just had silver plating.....the next on up had "pure silver" ground.  The next more expensive had "pure silver hot and ground" and the best ones had even better "pure silver".  This is what was said on the website.  I have followed these connectors since they first were introduced and love them.  But obviously, they were never "pure silver".  That was simply a lie.  Now the website says nothing about their silver construction.....now that they have been exposed.  I think the connectors are great sounding, but why they needed to lie about the construction seems bizarre.
I believe the RCA's were advertised as PurSilver(TM) - which is just a trade-marked name.

Since then KLEI has removed all reference to p[ure silver

It does not alter the fact the Harmony range of plugs are the best on the market right now. They offer incremental improvements from one model to the next that are discernible.

If only other brands could match this performance we'd have some alternatives.

As for the ETI Silver Bullet - I found the Copper Harmony sounded better.
- The Pure Harmony by comparison to the the ETI Silver Bullet is light years ahead in technological achievement and sound quality.

@yping - i believe you have read enough of my reviews to know exactly what I feel :-)

But - I still believe the Harmony RCA's are the best anyone can put on their IC's and Tone-arm leads

Hope that helps
It was advertised as KLEI PureSilver™.  Some earlier articles/reviews referred to the Absolute Harmony as pure silver.  Posters on forums thought it was pure silver (i.e. silver). Subsequently KLEI changed the information on their site.

Your initial post in this thread did not address the quality of the connectors which was/is not in dispute. It addressed the integrity of KLEI and their copy on the metallurgy - after it was changed.

Try as you might to persuade otherwise, KLEI's initial advertising copy was misleading. 
Regardless of KLEI’s advertising claims (which I consider to be lies), what ultimately matters is the sound quality, and that’s where I find the KLEI plugs to fall short.  I have both Copper Harmony and Absolute plugs.  The Absolute was a significant improvement over the Copper Harmony so I haven’t used the Coppers since I first replaced them with the Absolutes.  However I have tried the Absolutes on at least a half dozen cables and there is a consistent pattern to the sound.  The Absolutes are very smooth sounding with good detail and dynamics but the bass is always soft and lacking in proper weight and impact.  The problems with the bass disqualify them as far as I am concerned.  I prefer WBT and Audio Note plugs.  The Absolutes remain a very good value for the money but they are not Absolutes in sound quality IMO.
It makes no sense for KLE Innovations to mislead their customers as they have such brilliant and high quality products which outperform most other products in the world marketplace. Maybe their initial press release did cause some confusion to customers which is probably why they have since made adjustments on their website, not because they were covering up a lie, as some would believe. After all there’s always room for improvement whether you are renovating a house or building a website.

Maybe some posters out there should realise that inventors have a passion for making the world a better place and find enjoyment in what they are doing through their contributions.

Best to stop all the speculation, lighten up, enjoy life, and enjoy the music.