Upgrade from Classe SSP 800 processor

Hey there,
I’ve been using the Classe SSP 800 in my dedicated home theater room for a while now and while its sound quality is spectacular I think it’s time for me to explore a new current processor that can decode new surround sound formats eg Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Auro 3D, etc.
Any suggestions?

My SSP 800 has been used strictly for surround sound (home theater) as I do have a separate dedicated stereo setup and system in a separate two-channel listening room. So that said, the new processor will also be used strictly for home theater (surrounds).

My current home theater gears are the following :
* Oppo UDP 205.
* Sony 4k OLED tv (85").
* Classe SSP 800.
* Classe Delta CAM-600 monoblock amps to power my front LR speakers.
* Classe Delta CAM-300 monoblock amp (single) to power my center speaker.
* Classe Delta CA-2300 five-channel amp to power my surrounds.
* B&W 800 D3 front speakers.
* B&W 800 HTML1 D3 center speaker.
* B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 for surrounds.
*JL Audio Gotham subwoofer.
* 2 of Audioquest Niagara 7000 power product.

I am going to start working on remodeling my dedicated HT room in order to accommodate additional overhead speakers for Atmos setup. And when I get a new processor I will also need to get additional multi-channel amps to power additional speakers necessary.
I might get rid of my B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 surround speakers and get the B&W 800 D3 in-wall or on-wall speakers for surrounds instead. 

Any ideas as to what new av preamp processor to get? The one that’s capable of decoding Dolby Atmos & DTS-X. But I'm keeping all the Classe Delta series power amps and will need additional multi-channel amps to power additional overhead speakers etc possibly another Classe amps. 

Thanks in advance guys.

caphill
@rshad0000

I am also considering the Lyngdorf MP-50 as well as the Datasat RS20i, Trinnov Altitude 16 or 18, Theta Casablanca lVa, and possibly the Meridian Reference 861 v8. But not sure if the Meridian Ref 861 v8 has been updated to accommodate support for Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Auro 3D or not.

Yes, the Lyngdorf MP-50 retails for $10k brand new and it’s almost the same price as the original retail price of the SSP 800, which was $9500. I’ve heard from many people that the Lyngdorf MP-50 has excellent Room Perfect. I’m not concerned about its stereo performance for 2ch music playbacks as this will be used strictly for home theater (surround sound movies, bluray musical films and concerts). I do have a separate dedicated stereo setup and system in a separate dedicated two-channel listening room that consists of completely different gears.

Btw, what power amps and speaker systems do you currently have in your home theater room besides the SSP 800?
I will be keeping all my Classe Delta series amps in my home theater room and will be adding extra multi-channel amp(s) once I get a new processor to power additional overhead speakers for Dolby Atmos & DTS-X setup. This will wait till I get done remodeling my home theater room in order to accommodate overhead speakers for Atmos setup / system. I will be adding the matching B&W 800 D3 series in-ceiling overhead speakers for Atmos setup. I will probably be adding more sides and backs channels. I will prob be aiming at 9.2.6 setup or 7.2.6. Most likely I will be adding another Classe power amps to power those additional speakers. Probably Classe Sigma series amps because they are compact in size due to class D designs, so that way I can save some space. Cause my existing Classe Delta series amps are huge massive due to class AB designs.

Wow.  Great HT system!  I have to say that after reading Doug Blackburn's review of the MP-50 in Widescreen Review it's hard to imagine the others offering anything better.  I know Doug and he is a straight shooter who is very meticulous, detail oriented, and not given to hyperbole.  So when he calls the Lyngdorf gear in a class of its own I take that as a pretty serious and credible recommendation.  The fact that Doug is a 2-channel guy at his roots gives him more even more credibility IMHO as he's heard some of the best audio out there -- not just HT -- and has that as his baseline for comparison.  I know this is strictly for a HT setup, but as a serious 2-channel guy yourself I'm sure you can appreciate that perspective as well.  Anyway, FWIW and best of luck in your search. 

@soix 

Thanks for the advise.

Yes I read great stuff about the MP-50. 
It is in my short list and it decodes Dolby Atmos & DTS-X that's the most important thing. That's the major reason I want to get rid of my Classe SSP 800 processor cause it does not decode Dolby Atmos & DTS-X. The Room Perfect is very good I've heard. That would be the strength of the Lyngdorf MP-50, right? 

Cause most of my 4k UHD bluray discs are formatted in Dolby Atmos or DTS-X but mostly Dolby Atmos. I'm using the Oppo UDP-205 4k UHD bluray player. 
And even some of newer released regular bluray discs are formatted in Dolby Atmos and few are DTS-X. 

I'm not concerned about a processor capable of passing 4k video signal HDR, hdcp 2.2, etc cause the Oppo UDP-205 is my only video or AV source in my dedicated HT room. And I run a video only HDMI out of my Oppo 205 directly to my 4k uhd display and run the audio only HDMI out of the Oppo 205 to my Classe SSP 800 processor. 
I heard the TaCT preamp in a private system about 18 years ago and what that relatively prehistoric room correction did for that $80k high-end stereo system was flat out amazing.  I also got to hear his system work on a system at a NYC show versus the same system without his room correction, and again, you'd have to be brain dead to not hear the incredible benefits of their room correction system.  Given the amount of time Lyngdorf has had to refine their craft and the review Doug gave their latest effort -- well. 

But at your level, I'd also think about giving my UDP-205 to Ric Schultz of Electronic Visionary Systems to see if you can't get more out of its HDMI out.  I'd be surprised if you don't get some meaningful benefit for relatively little outlay.  Anyway, let us know how it goes and best of luck!
Caphill,  I’m big in to two channel as well so I have gryphon diablo 300 that I use in home theater by pass mode for the L/R(for two Chanel I have a aurender n10 I use with the gryphon).   For the center, surround speakers and left and right back I have a Krell theater amplifier standard that has always worked really well.  The front channel speakers are Focal Sopra 3s with the matching center.   Surrounds are all def tech inwalls.   Also have 2 JL audio f112 subs.   Sounds really good, but like you, I feel it’s time to move on.