DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
Then you got the guys who love to write, they post a thousand word essay every time.
Some thousand word essays are easier to read than others. I for one find Prof’s lengthy but intelligent and very well written posts to be a pleasure to read.

Regards,
-- Al
I am fond of prof’s oft longish posts mainly because they tend to enunciate the skeptic/pseudo skeptic’s philosophy/mission statement very well. In order for a real debate to take place there must be a line drawn very clearly in the sand so everyone knows where the two sides stand. Thus, folks like prof and by extension Al, a fervent skeptical pontificator himself of no small measure, must be free to express and/or support skeptical philosophy. Otherwise, it would be just your humble scribe flapping his gums.
+1.  Prof knows how to get to the meat of the topic and serve it up comprehensively and accurately in a very unbiased manner.  
Apparently all I have to do to wake up mapman is simply utter the phrase pseudo skeptic. It’s kind of like magic, to put a positive spin on it. 
.... as opposed to GK who mostly just muddles up everything and anything.    I guess that is what supposed theoretical physicists selling useless tweaks  to bored audiophiles do.