Dynavector cartridges, old and new

For more than 40 years Dynavector has been producing very high quality moving coil cartridges in Japan. Sadly we don't have a dedicated Dynavector thread here on audiogon. It would be nice to collect info about some nice rare models in one topic. 

My first Dynavector was high output model, very attractive headshell integrated as one piece - Dynavector DV-30A was released in Japan 1 year before the Karat series and 4 years before the fabulous Karat Nova. The first high output Moving Coil Dynavector DV-30 series was the next generation of the Ultimo cartridges. The Ultimo’s were manufactured by Onlife Research Inc., which later became Dynavector. The 30-series was introduced in 1978 with 3 different models DV-30A & DV-30B (HOMC) and DV-30C (LOMC). Till the early 80s it was top of the line Dynavector models.... 

But then the KARAT was released with short Ruby and Diamond cantilevers (depends on the model). I've been looking for KARAT for a long time, i found the Dynavector KARAT 23RS special calibrated version with Micro Ridge stylus tip and prism Ruby cantilever. This particular model has been introduced in 1988 and claimed to be superior to the earlier generation of Karat carts. I'd like to seek more info about this rare cartridge, but very little info available online. Anyone can comment on Karat Ruby 23RS mkI (not mkII) ?  

I know some mebers are enjoing the more expensive Karat Nova series, XV-1, XX-2, Te Kaitora Rua etc 

Modern Dynavector site is: http://www.dynavector.com/ 

But the rare models can be found here

128x128chakster
@harold-not-the-barrel actually Tominari-San has mentioned 60 samples of Karat Nova 13D made for US market, but is there any model number on your cartridge? You should know that "13" in the model number is for the 1.3 length of the cantilever. I hope your sample is not re-cantilevered Karat Nova 13D ?

"KARAT" is for gemstone cantilever, never heard about any KARAT with Boron cantilever.

Any chance that your sample is not the original, but a refurbished (re-cantilevered) one ?

When it comes to diamond cantilever for re-tipper it is impossible to find anything like the original short dyna gemstone cantilever. Those special gemstone cantilever were made for dynavector by Namiki.
Dear @harold-not-the-barrel : Everything the same the XV1s outperforms the 13D as the XV1t too ( and other today cartridges. ) and here we can see that Dynavector  choosed a longer cantilever for its top of the line cartridges and not the the short ones like the 13 or 17D.

As I said a cartridge is the sum of its parts where cantilever length and build material and its shape are only parts of that overall cartridge design.

R.
I have a 23 Ruby Karat and the short cantilever has many obvious advantages, which we've covered in this thread. It does have one disadvantage — if there's any warp in the record, the change in SRA as the cartridge moves up and down will be greater with a short cantilever. Not an issue when playing flat (or flattened) LPs...
Below is the answer from Doctor Noburu Tominari himslf for those who’re asking why top models comes with long Boron cantilever.

RG. "I notice that neither the XX1, the Te-Kaitora nor the XV1 use gemstone cantilevers. Why is that?"

Dr.Tominari (Dynavector Systems): "At the moment, the construction of this magnetic assembly used in these cartridges requires a long cantilever. It would be very difficult to engineer this for a short cantilever, and also very, very expensive."

Dr.Tominari (Dynavector Systems): "The Te-Kaitora is really just a special version of the XX1 made for Mr Denson who distributes Dynavector products in Japan and also builds the Dynavector electronics. It has no body, and uses better magnets and selected parts. And also better quality wires as well."