Melody Gardot - Which albums to buy?

Hello music lovers,

I just came upon Melody Gardot by chance and after listening to the Amazon sounds clips for "My One and Only Thrill".  Really liked what I was hearing.  I recently got into Karen Souza based on a recommendation from an A'Goner as well as Kandace Springs.  Melody's songs seem to have a genuineness to them.  

So...based on song and sound quality, which album (s) should I pursue?  Thanks!

128x128hifiman5
Nice songs. I own ’One and Only Thrill.’ Shame about the quality of the vinyl. However I can ignore some crackles if the recording is good.
After playing Melody’s album, I played a 70s recording by Roger Whittaker. It was etched and crystalline with the finest highs and an open clear transparency. It is a joy to hear the most minute details- the color of percussive elements, tiny bells, the clarity of his baritone etc. The Gardot recording is dull, muted and veiled by comparison. No doubt digital. If only artists knew what they are being cheated out of.
@noromance   I read your post above just before receiving "My One and Only Thrill" CD today.  I note that your comments refer to the LP of that release.  Specifically, I bought the European release which includes a second CD of "Live in Paris".  

The sound quality of the main CD is superb in every way.  Melody's voice is right in the room!  The orchestra and other supporting instruments were well placed and clear and clean.

I'm looking forward to listening to the live tracks later today.

It's a shame the sound of the LP is so poor.  It's also surprising.  Perhaps the European release was engineered and mastered more expertly.  Both CDs are mastered by Bernie Grundman.
@noromance   I forgot to thank you for your post.  I really appreciate it as I will know to be wary of her LP releases.  It would be interesting if there was a European released LP that we could compare to what you are hearing.
Listening to the "Live in Paris" EP included with "My One and Only Thrill" UK Special Edition CD. Beautiful open "you are there" sound quality. Very vivid sounding applause! There is something very unique about how Melody enunciates consonants. Distinctive quality.
@hifiman5 The thing is though that it does sound good. And you are correct about the in the room quality, and yes, the orchestra is sublime. However, it is only when I played older recordings that I am acutely aware that there is something else going on. It is as if all non-essential musical artifacts have been removed, smoothed over. It reminds me of Dolby C on a CrO2 tape! I always used to let the hiss through and the music shine and breath than have it processed into some weaker facsimile of the actual musical frequencies.