martin logan vs magnepan sound

I believe these are both electrostatics. Do they have very different "house" sounds?
samuellaudio
i have owned magnepans. i currently have 1.6s. i have heard martin logans extensively. my friend has a pair of requests. while the speakers sound different, there are differences between current martin logans and older martin logans. there is a difference between hybrid elctrostatic and full range electrostatic.

personally, i prefer the treble of the martin logans--a bit purer with less timbral errors. i don't like the bass of the hybrids, nor do i like the integration of panels with bass. i am waiting for the new clx, a full range electrostatic
Very different sounds, Logans are not only Electrostat but use a dynamic woofer so bass will be better out of the box but you can add a sub to Maggie and end up with virtually same result. The Logan is not for everyone nor is the Magnepan but I would say more will like the Magnepan long term over the thrilling Logan which may not be exactly the kind of speaker you have forever, dont get me wrong both are great speaker makers but not everyone has the same taste.
I have owned both Planar and Electrostat's......long term investment would be Magnepan for me but they need lots of good clean power and and both need a good sized room to breath and get the best out of them (they cant be close to the wall behind them) Cheers
I owned the smaller M-L Aerius i's a few years back, and heard some of the larger models at the dealer's. Got to hear a Audio Research VT100 hooked up to both a pair of M-L Requests AND a larger pair of Maggies (forget the model number - 1.3 maybe?) for comparison. Both sounded reeeeal nice. My overall impression of the M-L's (at the dealer's and at home) was that their perspective to me sounds like you are listening to a good band that is in the next room through an open doorway, while the Maggies have more of the in-the-room perspective you'd expect from a dynamic speaker, but "disappear" surprisingly well for such imposing, 6 foot tall speakers. They were also placed WELL into the room (~ 4 ft.) to sound their best, which might not be practical in many home situations.
Could have lived with either, but not in my room sticking 4 feet into the room. Tried out many different speakers before settling on Wilson-Benesch Arc stand-mounted monitors.
both are still at the top of theie game, but maggies seem to get that loyalty that only a handful of companies get in this fickled hobby. even the inexpensive mmg plays with the kind of realism that collectible/expensive quads are famous for.