Melody Gardot - Which albums to buy?

Hello music lovers,

I just came upon Melody Gardot by chance and after listening to the Amazon sounds clips for "My One and Only Thrill".  Really liked what I was hearing.  I recently got into Karen Souza based on a recommendation from an A'Goner as well as Kandace Springs.  Melody's songs seem to have a genuineness to them.  

So...based on song and sound quality, which album (s) should I pursue?  Thanks!

128x128hifiman5
Her music reminds me of Diana Krall--well recorded but a bit too polished and lacking soul. My wife loves--me not as much.  I like "Worrisome Heart" the best in terms of the song craft and performance. I wish she would ditch the strings and explore the blues a little more. 
@grannyring   Is it the performance, recording quality or a bit of both that turns you off on the "live in Europe" album?  Thanks!
@dodgealum   Interesting observation about Ms. Krall.  Until I got the LP of "Live in Paris" I was having a rough time understanding why she was so popular among so many listeners.  The "Live" album helped to humanize her and changed the way I listened or at least appreciated her studio efforts.

I didn't realize, until reading your post, that Gardot's albums are all laden with backing strings.  If so, she might do well to cut an album with a blue/jazz trio or quartet.  Here's hoping.
@hifiman5 So I had the opposite reaction to "Live in Paris". I find Krall's singing style to be a little bit affected, which is tolerable on her other LPs but less so on the live album. It is almost a caricature--Krall singing Krall with unwelcome or unnatural emphasis that she may intend to come across as "feeling" for the crowd. Don't get me wrong, I like her voice and the "Love Stories" album (I have the SACD version) has some great tracks--but overall she leaves me feeling unmoved. Same with Gardot. I remember loving Stevie Nicks voice and style of singing--evident on the self-titled LP and on "Rumours" but then she started emphasizing what was a slightly "gritty" quality that had been very subtle but which in later albums with FM and during her solo run became a dominant element of her vocal style. At that point she lost me. (With two exceptions--"Stop Dragging My Heart Around" with TP was great as was her backup vocals on "Insider" off of TP's "Hard Promises").
@dodgealum Interesting how "individualistic" the listening experience is. My positive reaction to "Live in Paris" might have a bit to do with my enjoyment of live albums in general. Like to listen to them with lights off and just feel as a part of the crowd. This happens notably with Pink Floyd’s "Pulse". I listened throughout the day yesterday to Supertramp’s "Live in Paris" LP. "Fool’s Overture" is absolutely fantastic on that live set. The crowd loved that song going in and you can feel the band feeding off the crowd’s enthusiasm.

BTW...Both the eponymous and Rumours albums are fantastic for the wonderfully crafted songs and the superb sound quality. My favorite song is "Warm Ways". From that song on, I was in love with Stevie’s voice!