Pass Labs XP-30 vs Krell Evo 202

Hi,
I am considering upgrading my preamp and would appreciate your help in comparing the Pass Labs XP-30 and the Krell Evo 202. I am also interested in finding out how much of an upgrade each of these will be over my current Classe CP-50.

My current setup is,
Thiel 7.2 Speakers
Krell FPB 400cx Amp
Classe CP-50 Preamp
Esoteric X-03 SACD Player

Note: I have already tried a Conrad Johnson 16 LSII. I preferred the sound of my Classe to this unit in my system. The Conrad Johnson reduced the amount of detail at all frequencies compared to the Classe. The Conrad Johnson also produced images that are big and somewhat smeared together where as the Classe has space between the images. The Classe soundstage also had more depth and width.
cadence151
Ahhhh, CAD;

I'm going thru the preamp, upgrade;  currently

I was looking at;

cj et3
aathetix calypso
primaluna premium
cary SLP-98
arc ls-28

I've listened to all & currently more confused that ever!!!     Lol

I've heard: ac, arc & pl all at one spot
I finally heard a Cary SLP-05 at friends

I currently am trying ET3 at home

I " thought " I wanted a warm Preamp like the CJ Pv16.
After changing power cords I'm to the point I hear " delicate tonal shadings" now
l always thought the above was a load of " hoey"............
i guess, now with upgrades, I'm a just a "tad" warm side of neutral guy ( Pass Labs like)

so, ET3 I'm trying( tad warm side of neutral) with lots of details

Good of luck on deciding 
i listened to a focal speaker with the xs- pass pre and amp
It was so detailed It almost ripped my ears out
and I am a big Pass Labs fan!!!!!

jeff

Cadence,
Since your Krell amps are CAST capable, I would go with the 202 and run CAST cables with it. I have the 202 and have used it with a 600C and now with my 750Mcx's. To me, and in my system, this is an awesome pre. I have always felt that the Krell gear is better together than as mix and match components too.
I've heard the Classe and did not feel that it is even in the same class as the 202, especially if you use the CAST.
Good listening,
Mike
Try a VTL 5.5 or 2.5. Only tube preamps that satisfy my craving for solid state bass. I also have the CP50 and the VTL is comparable but different. Listened awhile back to an ARC SP14 and it didn’t measure up to either preamp.
Agreed johnjohn
a tubed preamp and solid state power amp are  a match made in heaven.This is especially true for electric guitar/electric bass music lovers.
Happy Listening!