DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
To my ears, a good quality cable makes a significant difference. However, I play in the cheap end of the pool, and buy used, close out deals, and cruise flea bay on a regular basis. I recently picked up a pair of zu audio wyld cables in their outlet for $32.  They sound substantially better than the old audioquest evergreen cables ($18 )to my ears, and at the moment a bit worse than my silver wire interconnects ($28).  I’ll give them some time to break in (yeah, I believe in that too) on my secondary system. 
My point?  Cables can make a definitive difference, there are always deals if you’re willing to hunt for them and be patient, and not everyone who talks about cables is trying to impress/brag upon how much their system cost. 
Rhartshon.  Great catch. Lol.  I agree. They make a difference at all levels. As far as all the jibber jabber from some others I put it in and sounds better to me. I don’t need the science or studio talk. If you provide me airy highs open midrange nice soundstage tight deep bass and transparency I’m happy.   Don’t care how u got there. 
I totally agree with you Calvinj. I don’t need an astrophysicist’s level of understanding how a sunset works to enjoy one.
Right On! calvinj
I have always wanted to audition KS cables and power cords. This company used to have many dealers/retailers. Lately, I have noticed a cut-back in their network?  Feel free to give a shout-out for your local establishment.
Happy Listening!
Thanks fellas. They do sound great. Too bad I ain’t got a brinks truck. Honestly though Kubala elation is great but high fidelity reveal and clarity Cable both do a great job for a lot cheaper.  Just in different ways. On another note I’m tired of the space Martian copper talk when it comes to Cables. If it uses iron from zamunda and don’t sound good I could care less!