Pioneer EX Speakers

Anyone heard the Pionner EX speakers?
kana813
Favresj- thanks for the feedback. Pioneer doesn't show the
S-3ex on their website: www.exspeakers.com.

They list the S-2ex, a stand mounted version, also priced at $6K USD. TAS reviewed this speaker.
The S-3EX is a smaller floorstander that was introduced at CEDIA in September.

Kal
Kal is correct. If you do a google search on Pioneer S-3EX, you'll pull up quite a few hits. Unfortunately most of them are in Japanese, and then translated to English by google, but at least you can find some general info.
I was really interested in the EX-1s. I believe they retail at about $7k here in the U.S. the last time I checked. They did not sound too impressive a few years back at the Stereophile show in L.A. They were driven by all Bel Canto electronics. After the show, I wanted to listen to them again at a retail location. I had visited Pioneers website and lefted multiple e-mails requesting for retailer information throughout the past two years, but had never received any reply except the automatic replies indicating that they had received my request.

I heard the TAD-1 at RMAF last month and liked what I heard. I would really loved to get a chance to audition the EX-1s. Unfortunately, from the experiences I've had, I take it that Pioneer is not too eager about selling those speakers here in the States?

FrankC
It has been ten months since the last post and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this line yet, especially the S-3EX? Thanks