Static electricity pulled the rubber mat right off the Turntable!

Howdy folks!

Lotta static with the TT. Rush lifted the rubber mat right off the SL Technics 1200 GR table tonight! I live in Miami Florida with a billion percent humidity.  I keep the humidity at 55 to 60 percent while I'm gone and drop it to 45 percent asap. Better grounding? Better wall socket? Pre play were dead of static. Lifting it, it's charged!

Thanks, 

Brent
128x128knollbrent
@chayro  Listening to Willie Nelson's "To all the Girls" and it sounds amazing.Listening from the dining room table, no pops, no staticky crap. No insane electrical charge when I grab it off the table. It's a nice product. I don't notice any sound changes. Wow, Willie sounds so good!
I have experience with Groove Lube (Merrill Audio). For me, Although I felt it slightly improved the sonic presentation, I sold what I had left. Why? Because after all of the time/effort I put into cleaning my lps, I felt applying a product that does leave some residue (how much depends upon how liberal one is when applying) made little sense. Also the application method, a piece of foam, just introduces static again. 

US cleaning removes record static very well. The ongoing problem is that static builds while a record is playing. Has anyone tried the Arlo Audio Static Eliminator? This would seem to be an effective solution if it actually works without any damage to a cartridge.

I use a 5mm Achromat, yet still have static that builds up during play. I use a Destat III as well.

I have the Technics 1200G and was looking for a better sounding mat to replace the rubber one. I was also getting a bunch of static off of it.

The Funk Firm Acromat (SL-1200 version) sounds quite a bit better and has helped with static. It hasn’t removed all of it, but it is reduced quite a bit. I was really hoping for better sound, which I got, but the static reduction was a nice benefit.

I also have the Zerostat gun.  It works well.

Oracle hard Acrylic platter mat, HRS 315 gram Record weight, zerostat or D’stat.

Slaw if you try the Arlo; let us know what you think. I Do Not have a static problem, Those who do, would like to know; Someone has to be the first.
I meant to add, I own the latest Audioquest brush and do not find I’m as enthusiastic about it as MF.

Another option, would be for DIYers or owners of tts that have sufficient clearance is to affix a brush similar to the AQ or a carbon fiber brush underneath your platter ( the ability to machine it in, recess it, is a plus), with a drain wire so static is constantly being drained away. This way, there is no battery involved.