Carver Amazing Line Source Speakers

Since I now own the Carver Raven 350 amps, I have become very interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. But I have not been able to actually hear them.
Can anyone who has heard them comment as to the sound quality?

Thank you
ozzy
128x128ozzy
musicmann1,

Out of the box they did not sound too good. The treble was peaked and the mid/bass sounded kind of hollow.
I now have about 30 hours of playing time on them and they have improved sonically. 
So, I'm thinking with all the drivers, caps wire etc. they will need about 100+ hours of playing time to really evaluate.

ozzy
Ozzy, the ALS does not sound good out of the box. You may even think there’s something wrong with the speakers. The sound will be too diffuse and the instruments won’t sound correct. It’ll almost sound like a defective Bose 901 at first. I notice improvement after 20 hours of continuous play with dynamic music. It will continue to improve to the 100 hour mark and will start leveling off. I wouldn’t consider them broken in until you hit 150 hrs.

When fully broken in, You’ll need to fine tune with the high freq and bass controls as their level is dependent on your room and electronics. The midrange control to me is not helpful. I have it dialed to 0.
Thank you guys for the break in time information.

I have always believed in break in time being so important. I have found that to be true with cables and electronics.

Jordon from Carver said that break in is a myth and does not apply to the Carver speakers. And he said that he has tested many items and has not found any evidence that break in occurs. He said we eventually get used to the sound, our brains break in to the new sound.
But he is only 25 years old and in my opinion is spreading bad outdated information.
Just because we can’t measure breakin doesn’t mean it occurs. Perhaps we don’t have equipment that can measure it, but our ears and brains can detect it. I trust more in the opinions of us old (around the block a few times) audio gurus than the flat earth group.
And... the speakers are improving with more hours on them.
ozzy