Using an LG V30 smartphone as a source component

I just got one and I'm very impressed with the sound using Tidal and MQA files. Very detailed with air around the instruments. None of the digital harshness that made me stay with vinyl this long. I have some Audioquest evergreen 3.5 mm to RCA interconnects ordered as an experiment. I will be having foot surgery so I won't be feeling like hopping up and around changing records and CDs. I don't have a music server but have looked at bluesound and the reviews are favorable. I have read that running signals out of a headphone jack could cause problems so thats the reason I ordered a quality cable. My question is has anyone used a smartphone as a source in a hi end system but specifically using an LG V30?  From 
my impression and from reading  reviews this phone is a game changer that could start a trend offering hi fidelity to the average consumer. 
128x128blueranger
My prior phone was an iPhone 6 plus run with a dragon fly red and a jitterbug. Even though that combo was good the V30 was better and it wasn't just a little. It was much better with my Grado PS 500 in that the other combo made it sound spitty with the treble pronounced. Ive read that tbe dragonfly is not a good match. The other headphone I use is the Audiotechnica ATH 50x and sounds smooth but not as detailed. I tried the dragon fly with LG but it wouldn't work. Overall I'm very pleased with the LG and can't wait to try it as a main source and AB against my Marantz 6005. I will research the OTC cables

the v30 is an outstanding source, however you need to get it into external or high impedance mode for its virtues to shine--you can do this by first plugging it into a 3.5mm M to F plug or a 3.5mm impedance adapter plug (which costs around ten bucks). there's a very good thread on headfi about the v30 as an audio player.
Isn't it funny that we're having this discussion about an LG phone rather than an iPhone? We're having it, of course, because Apple has been standing still while others work to push forward.

Here was Steve Jobs, quoted in Walter Isaacson's biography, blasting Microsoft's pathetic answer to the iPod:

"The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter. The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do. We won because we personally love music. We made the iPod for ourselves, and when you’re doing something for yourself, or your best friend or family, you’re not going to cheese out. If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much."

Looks like it's the folks at LG, and not those at Apple, who really love music these days, no?

-- Howard