do i need a new DAC

i have a NAD D1050 which is now 5 years old but still sounds fantastic.  just upgraded my amp to the new Rega Brio 3.  was considering a Chord, Rega, or the new Audiolab MDAC+.  but i can't imagine it making much of a difference. for a DAC that is 5 years old the little NAD is holding up well?  what has happen in the last 5 years?  have their really been such great strides in digital playback made? i think SS is evolving faster.  any suggestions?
thanks,
128x128jag
i have noticed that Rega is still using the Wolfson chip that was used in the original Rega DAC c.2012 for the DAC-R c.2015. why change why fix something if it ain't broken. i have a Wolfson in my iPod Video and it is considered to be the best iPod that Apple ever produce.  so Rega in 2015 decided not to down the Sabre road but kept the Wolfson? the Cirrus DAC  in my NAD is very good sounding and Wolfson bought their company.  maybe DSD and the newer formats me sound better, but just another excuse to buy the White Album.  we may have reached the pinnacle of standard PCM, not sure what DSD can offer, have not heard it. to recreate a perfect analog signal we would have to sample to infinity?  is this possible. can the human ear really decern the difference between a well recorded analog that has been converted to digital. the source analog recording is just as important as the DAC at the other end. a great sounding record will most likely yield a good sounding CD.  i agree with lowrider57 that PSU's can make a big difference. their is a company called  SBooster out of the UK, that makes a linear outboard PSU for the NAD D1050.  have not heard it.  hard to find used also.  looking forward to hearing the Qutest, but will have to fly down to Kuala Lumpur to Circle Audio when i attend the MPO next month. no Chord dealers here. 
Did the OP change out the power cord at least 3 times? How about the USB or SPDIF cable? Or the interconnects? 
If not, you have some work to do before you learn any DAC's limits.
A DAC not optimized is a shame.
i am using Rega interconnects, and the Supra coax cable. i went nuts with my last system and was buying $1200 interconnects, not going down that road again. pretty happy with a modest set up now.  it can easily get out of hand if you play the weakest link game. around and around we go.  i think what is being gained buy the new DSD format which really  supercharged pcm, is maybe greater dynamics. maybe not transparency?  have not heard it. may want one.  would like to hear from some forum members who upgraded from the NAD and to what?  and what was gained?
The FPGA design allows the incoming data stream to be sampled and reclocked. I owned the QuteEx and it was the most realistic and organic sounding dac that I've heard in its price range. And 5 years later, I'll bet the Qutest is at a much higher level than the EX.

fallout 4 console commands pc
animal jam codes

the Chord dealer where i live is only a Hugo and Mojo dealer, strange.  will have get on a plane. lol