Can someone explain to me why : Accupahse Equipment is that expensive ?

…….I was recently looking into their Power Conditioners as well as their Amplifiers and for a company where there is very little reviews done on their products, along with a small ( here in the US anyway )  almost a cult following if someone could tell me why is their prices the way they are. I just don't understand it. I have listened to their equipment and is nice and the build quality is very good but ; I always said to myself ; '' Not for that price ". I do not mean to be in an any way inflammatory with this statement but is :  Accuphase the McIntosh of the East ?  McIntosh makes some nice stuff but is no way priced like Accuphase, however it seems to operate very much with the same business model ; you are paying for the name and the pride of ownership and the sound is very much dated. Maybe I am missing something here and the sound is very good and like Rolex you buy a piece and you are set for a lifetime. FM Acoustics is also another one of the those companies......Just looking for a really good amp and these companies come up in my search but I am just sitting here scratching my head ?           
garebear
I only buy used components, but will offer a slightly different perspective.

I have owned two different vintage Accuphase tuners, and they are outstanding. I currently also own an E-303x integrated amp, and, though it was manufactured in the '80s, have absolutely no incentive to replace it. Yes, I initially spent some additional money re-capping and tweaking it, but have no doubt that it can hold its own with, or even outperform many contemporary amps costing as much or more.

I have also heard high-end technicians marvel at the build-quality of older Accuphase components.

As for specific sound, that will, as always, depend on associated equipment, listening space, personal preferences, etc.
Post removed 
Many moons ago I’ve owned both Accuphase ( Kenwoods high end brand) and Luxman gear ( many repair problems) . They were both no ball of fire compared to Threshold. You should take a look at Pass Labs if you are looking for high end solid state within  the same ballpark price!
https://overtureav.com/shop/pass-labs?_vsrefdom=oav_ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoNHu_8Xu2wIVR9bACh1Ghw...

...thank you all again. I currently own the following ; Esoteric A-03 ( 50 watts pure class A design ) amp along with an Esoteric C-02x pre-amp and the Esoteric K-01xs player. I love the A-03 class A amp but at times …..I could use a little more head room. I am skeptical of going back to an AB design ( no...I will not do tubes ) so looking for an amp that is sweet and has a little more bottom end ; oooomph . The speakers are Wilson Benesch's.       
...and Mr Glupson you are absolutely correct. Luxman has got its distribution here in the US squared away and makes some really nice equipment. I will probably stay in the Esoteric line …..really nice stuff but can be a little analytical at times.