Jelco SA-750D or Rega RB250

I'm looking for very specific advice. I'll list some key words, can you guys please tell me which arm matches them better? Between Jelco SA-750D and Rega RB250 (or variants such as RB251, RB202, RB220) Thanks for all of the help.

Bolder, bigger, wider soundstage, more pronounced midbass, more bass slam. 

invictus005

@chakster so the Victor tonearm is one of the most underrated and a giant modern arm killer?

Victor UA-7045 tonearm (and longer brother UA-7082 with higher mass) were the top of the line from Victor Laboratory, those arms comes with Victor TT-101 turntable (also with TT-801, 81). They are absolutely amazing and underrated for some reason, before trying anything expensive i’d buy UA-7045 in perfect working condition, it will be hard to find anything like that for under $750 (which is the actual cost of UA-7045 today, sometimes even cheaper). I’m pretty sure UA-7045 kills tonearms with typical price tag of $1500 and higher. For the best Victor cartridges like X-1, X-1II (MM) or for the MC-1, MC-10L ... this is the arm to try first! Just make sure the rubber that supports the counterweights is fine.

Also keep in mind that it was developed and produced by JVC / Victor Laboratory (the giant of the industry), not by someone from scratch at garage like many today’s arm of the higher price.
bdp24, I must ask about your comment "I disapprove of S-shaped arms".  What is your objection?

I would think once mass, rigidity, and construction quality are considered, whether the arm is straight, J, or S would not matter.  Issues such as bearing quality are I believe beyond the arm shape.  From those three criteria it seems one could have good or bad with any of the basic arm forms?
I don't have the Victor 7045 Chakster recommends, so can't comment on its other characteristics — but I want one, because it has a unique feature, rarely mentioned. It accepts the ubiquitous SME-type headshells (also called "universal"), but the coupling is quite different. Instead of just pulling on that little pin to tighten and secure the h'shell, Victor uses a collet — like a drill chuck. The grip is as secure as a rigid fixed headshell, without the inconvenience. I've never had a standard SME headshell/coupling that didn't exhibit some play, even on SME arms. With many I can even adjust azimuth merely by twisting the h'shell with my fingers, even when it's fully tightened — no need to use the azimuth-adjustment screws, there's that much free-play.

It's an intrinsic flaw in the original design. SME knew it and corrected it in newer models — the 309 headshell clamps rigidly onto the armtube, as does their "budget" M2.
+1 for the Victor 7045. I've been using one for years. It is VERY good with MM or MI carts. That arm absolutely blew the Rega RB300 away that I was using prior to that. I have an old Grado signature on mine now (with XTZ stylus) and it is the best I've heard yet in my system. For the money it has no right being that good. Just my opinion...