Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
I made some of those opposing magnet isolation feet about 25 years ago for a lightweight Optimus CD player. For lightweight things like that making the magnetic iso feet is not difficult but for heavy things you would have to figure out the size magnets to use and there is the added issue of the danger involved working with very powerful magnets. In addition, there’s the issue with magnetic suspensions involving how opposing magnets slip horizontally creating a slight path for vibration to travel. Nevertheless, it’s a very interesting idea.
A company called Anvil Turntables used to make a similar product like opposing magnetic isolation feet but you can’t access their site anymore. Curious.

http://www.contractorsweldingsupply.com/new-product.html
@tooblue : "I start out with my trusty, fully loaded with lead shot and sand, Lead Balloon by Arcci then I place my maple platform directly on top of the Lead Ballons turntable support shelf which has adjustable spikes to level things out"Just wondering why you are not using the original lead bars that Arcci supplied for placement on top of the support shelf. These were intended for the turntable feet. Did you find the maple platform to be a better platform for the TT? I still use mine but am wondering if I'm missing something.

@tuzarupa, I have long abandoned the Lead bars supplied by Arcci, found them to rob the liveliness from the table and I also tend to find brass and carbon fiber to have the same negative effect when it comes to setting up my tables. 
I abandoned the Arcicci lead balloon 🎈 a long time ago, too, especially after I came to the conclusion that lead as a material is just plain bad for the sound almost anywhere and in almost any amount. Yes, I know what you’re thinking - “but it’s such a good material for damping, not too soft, not too hard, and very dense. Just right.” I also concluded that the tall members of the Arcicci stand are too tall and therefore prone to moving at low frequencies due to seismic forces. As are many racks in general. That is coincidentally about the time real vibration iso stands came into vogue. Townshend, Mana, Bright Star, Vibraplane, etc.