Shielded power cord best used on Digital/Source or on Tube Amps?

Well I just tried the Furutech DPS-4 power cable with the Furutech Fl-50 Nano connectors. I hate to say this but it is a very, very, good power cable. Detail without brightness and a deep deep soundstage. Powerful full range and great dynamics. Actually the best power cord that I have tried.

I ended up buying 7 meters of the raw DPS-4 cable and decided to try my hand making power cables for my system. I also purchased the Furutech Fl-50 NCF Nano AC/IEC connectors.

I will also be obtaining some Nanotech 308 cable. This cable does not seem to have the extreme shielding that the Furutech does, so my plan is to use the Furutech DPS-4 on my Digital and front end source equipment and the Nanotech 308 with my Amps. Both cables are 11 gauge.

Is that what you guys recommend before I start cutting lengths? The Amp cables need to be 3M & 2M long.

Thanks,
ozzy

128x128ozzy
jbny,

Thank you for your opinion.
I think each cable needs to be judged by its own design and if it enhances the components signature sound.

ozzy
Post removed 
Hi guys,
Have anyone compared FP-SO22N and FP-SO32N to Neotech 3001/3002 MK III cables?
I would love to know the differences.
Thanks
@lak  Thanks for all your input here.  I just ordered some Furutech FP-SO22N cable and some Furutech FI-28M(R)/FI-28(R) rhodium plated copper connectors to build a cable for my DAC’s linear power supply, based largely on your recommendation and my experience with another manufacturer’s nano treated cable products.

I really like Nanotec products, but they don’t make shielded power cables.  When I moved my Nanotec #308 Power cable from my DAC’s LPS to my receiver and replaced it with a shielded cable of lesser quality I liked some of the changes with digital playback, but a large amount of the magic went with the #308. There is a lot of wire - both analogue and digital - behind my equipment, and shielding digital power cables seems to make some sense for my application.

Given the wire formula is similar between the Nanotec #308 and the Furutech SOXXN series wires, and given your description of FP-SO22N performance matches my experience with the Nanotec power cable, I thought I would take a swing at the shielded Furutech wire.  I will report back on my findings.

A final note, I am also a huge fan of Furutech connectors.  They are like audio jewelry, very well built, and seem to function and sound at least as good as advertised.  I notice that their mid and high range connectors are routinely used on pre-made cables costing $1,500 and up.  The cost of the wire and connectors for my DIY shielded cable is about $300.
@knownothing, although grannyring reported very good results with the Furutech wire he is now making a power cord that he said outperforms the Furutech wire. I personally have not tried it and I don't see an ad from him for the power cord on Audiogon but if you were interested you could always send him a personal message. I'm just trying to keep the thread current since you posted to it.