How much should a person spend to get a decent power conditioner?

Good day to all.  I am wondering if I need to replace my moderate power conditioner, or if 'stacking' a puck (inline style) conditioner at the outlet would gain enough to warrant the expense.  I understand minimal expense usually means minimal gain, but I'm curious about how best to treat my AC and stay within my budget.  Thoughts please.
128x128wisciman99
Well the ideal of perfectly designed components, cables, and reliable clean power is mostly a pipe dream....

to wit I bet you will find many a dirty wall watt switching supply in many many systems

most people have at minimum a network switch nearby and the wall wart to power it.

most servers, DACA, etc lack a properly designed Faraday cage to keep the analog side clean...

so gathering all your dirty dirty stuff up into a low end $500 Furman or similar and putting that on a dedicated circuit will do wonders for your and most any system

i have all three of my systems wired this way, two w Furman, one Isotek

In my experience, probably 2g is my cap

the right one does make an audible difference
I recently purchased a Furhman M-8Dx merit series power conditioner, 15 amps with 8 rear plugs and one front plug.  It has two lights in front that telescope out to illuminate components under it.  I had a low level hum in my system that I was hoping it would address.  It did not.  In fact I agree with the previous comments that the primary noise issues come from specific components, even placement relative to each other.  In spite of the non resolution of the hum I mentioned, I love this unit.  It looks nice, and the sheer convenience of having all my components plugged into one main power switch is nice.  I like the lighting.  I like how it looks, it has a power read out.  Does nothing for me, but tells me how much the power company in fact varies in voltage.  Its a lot!  I most like the phsychological idea that it provides a layer of surge protection.  It also spaces the plugs on the back so you can fit wall warts easily side by side if needed.  It was just over $125!  Not 4 figures.  It is rack mountable.  I have mostly tube powered amps and pre.  I find the tube selection makes the most impact on the noise floor.  The only other noise problem I have is related, of all things, to my I-Pad.  After buying a new RPM 9.2 turntable with a Sumico EVO II cartridge, I found the system was picking up my I-pads communication.  It sounds like the old Sputnik satellite telemetry, beep, beep, bop digitized pure tones.  Maddening. I thought my phono section was bad, it wasn’t.  When I put it in airplane mode the noise goes absolutely away.  Maddening because I source Spotify Premium which is better than CD quality.  The rest is vinyl.  I’m told now I need to change the tone arm wiring to a shielded variety.  I guess we will try that.  Back to the Furhman, I really like it but because of the conveniences and surge protection.  I installed a second ground outside on my electrical system to see if that also helps.  Deep copper rod into the ground.  I also have copper pipes in the new home vs. vinyl, and they connect to my drilled well at 170’ deep so I think I’ve got that covered.
Brick wall Audio competed well  against units $1500,at
under $300 ,buy the Audiophile model.   Class -B  2 years ago Stereophile magazine.  Very solid and nothing close at this price point.