Bi Wiring for speakers question

I've done some research on bi wiring speakers and have noted that some people are apparently using a speaker cable with 4 banana connectors on one end but only 2 on the other end.  I'm guessing that the side with 2 banana's is connected to the Amp or Receiver and the side with 4 to the speakers.

Anyone tried this and does it work as well as using 4 connectors on each side?  Seems to me that using all four speaker outputs on the amp is the right way to do it but if it will work with just one pair of speaker outputs then who am I to judge?
will62
jim, there's another thread a few inches below "to bi-wire or not" and there's more how to information in that thread. Its very simple. 
Good luck and enjoy your new speakers.
Thanks hifiman5,

I have some good 12 guage speaker wire that I ran through both sets of connects.  Works like a charm.

kalali, I'll check out the lead.

JD
Kalali, Is this the link you suggested?

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/blog/2016/06/08/bi-wiring-speakers-exploration-benefits/

Interesting read, but other than not using the gold plated steel connectors that came with the speakers (From other articles), I can't figure out how using two runs of a smaller gauge wire twisted at one end is any better than what I did.  I will say that I wired from the Tweeters down, if that matters.

JD
@curiousjim
How exactly did you wire up your speakers?  Does your amplifier have one or two sets of binding posts?