Thorens TD-203 experiences?

I've been considering changing out my vintage PL 15D II for one of these to get better performance in a more compact footprint.  I'm especially pleased that they've started shipping with the Ortofon 2M Blue in place of the TAS (A-T); I've always been partial to the Ortofon MM sound.  That, along with the recent price reduction has kindled my current attention.

This would not be a rig that would get a lot of use; I keep the old Pioneer for noisier and/or weak recordings that don't benefit from my high end table.  It works well enough, but has never been especially engaging even with a hyper-accurate alignment of a new 2M Red.  I'm also very tight on space in my rack.  The height of the PL 15 is uncomfortable to work with and is not especially attractive.

I've read the reviews and have only seen one or two pop up second hand, so am thinking it offers a good value proposition.  I'd like to hear from current and/or former owners about their experiences, especially adjusting the azimuth, VTA and impressions of overall build quality.  It's my understanding the deck is designed in Germany and made in Asia, so build quality strikes me as a potential concern.

FWIW, I owned a Planar 2 for a long time and got good service out of it.  I had originally considered another one (now that they make them again) or a Pro-Ject Debut as well.  They're both just wide enough to be a fit problem in the space so not feasible.

Look forward to your input!

effischer
I just bought one as a replacement for an original Pro-ject 1. The TD-203 at its new lowered price of $699 and an Ortogon 2m Blue looked like the best bargain out there. I first was unsure of whether there was a VTA adjustment, but I found out that it's not documented in the manual, but is the same procedure as the TP-92 tonearm: i.e. loosen the tonearm locknut and pull up or down. So, it looks like it has all the adjustments I may want. The sound is very impressive on my best vinyl. Not sure if cart break-in is a myth, but I'm using it as much as I can, just in case I get further improvement.
@rff000 Please keep me posted on how things progress.  I haven't made my move yet, but am thinking seriously about it in the next few months.  As you're the first respondent, I'm really interested to learn from your experiences.  I'm very pleased to hear about the VTA adjustment capability and that you've had good results on your best LPs.  Thanks for your reply and happy listening!
I'm not sure of propriety, but if you try Vinyl Engine's forum, look at the posts or responses by Rafaelmombo from Sweden.He is obviously very knowledgeable about cartridges and turntables, just loves his TD 203 and  Benz Micro silver cartridges. I've had Regas from P3 to P8, and was not impressed.
Thanks for the head's up on the VE thread, @boofer .  Read it over and it really does seem like the TD-203 could be a good choice for me; I really prefer neutral, uncolored playback.  I am also a fan of unipivot arms, so that's another selling point for me.

Now, for a bit more marinating before I pull the trigger...

Thanks again & happy listening!