Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
I put mine directly on the top shelf of my rack and the turntable sits directly on top of the block.  My TT is an SME 20/2 which is highly vibration isolated already and has a lot of mass, so this combo works well for me.  I think you will need to experiment with different combos of isolation for the best results.  There are many variables so trying different things until it sounds right to you is my advice.  
Hello!

I currently have a second system in my family room where the turntable is positioned on a simple (IKEA) A/V bench. I have a 1.5” Top Chop cutting board (maple) under the turntable. Under the cutting board, I use four 4”x4”x7/8” rubber & cork isolation blocks at each corner. I also use Vibrapod Model 3 Isolators for the turntable’s feet to further dampen any vibration. 

While this may be overkill, I find that this solution works really, really well. While I don’t have kids, I do host a good number of parties & haven’t had any issues with skipping, etc. considering all the foot traffic & activity around the turntable during these get-togethers. 

Arvin
I start out with my trusty, fully loaded with lead shot and sand, Lead Balloon by Arcci then I place my maple platform directly on top of the Lead Ballons turntable support shelf which has adjustable spikes to level things out then I place a Symposium Seque ISO platform on top of the maple shelf and then I place my turntable on top of that. This setup really works very well for my setup which is a VPI Prime with peripheral ring and Single Motor Flywheel.

Not a bad idea but the problem is moving the thing from the

kitchen to the living room and the other way  round.