Longer speaker cables or interconnects

I have a feeling that this may be a topic that has already been discussed to death, but the only thread I’ve found so far is one at Stereophile.

I will I’ll be moving into my new home with a new semi dedicated semi anechoic listening room, and I am just realizing now that maybe the 25 ft speaker cable runs vs the 3 to 4 ft interconnect runs that I was used to in my old NYC loft for decades is maybe not the optimal ratio.

I presume that that I don’t want a long interconnect between the turntable and the preamp.

I’m looking for various points of views and justifications for them. Remember, one caveat is that I’m the kind of guy who will spend only a moderate amount of dollars for interconnects and speaker cable. Thank you all.
128x128unreceivedogma
Post removed 
Thank you steakster.

It seems the preponderance of opinion is to put the amps near the speakers. However, I wonder about the wisdom of placing two Julius Futterman OTL3s converted to triode with eight 6LF6 tubes each on the floor next to Altec 604Cs and the likelihood of the tubes picking up mechanical vibrations from the drivers.

Thoughts?
Post removed 
I use long speaker runs and am currently getting some of the best sound I have had. As long as the gauge is at least 12ga you will be just fine. No worries about signal loss etc.....

I use 10 gauge. No loss of bass or sound quality at all compared to 8 foot runs as I have compared with my particular 10 gauge cable.