Thorens Turntables

I recently can across a E-Bay seller from Germany who sells refurbished Thorens Turntables. The company is Art Of Sound. The Tables are quite beautiful, Has anyone ever heard of this company. Are the tables rebuilt or are you paying for a pretty plinth.

cjaronica
I just bought a new Thorens table (PD-203). The price was reduced a lot (to US $699) and the lower quality cartridge it comes with was replaced by the Ortogon 2M Blue. The cart may not be broken in yet and sounds a little too strong in the treble range. But details are excellent. Very dependent on the individual record, some sound great, others less so. There’s a debate about whether it’s made in China. Not mentioned at all on the table or package, but one New Zealand Thorens dealer says so on his website. The Thorens tech at the Thorens US distributor swore it was not made in China. Anyway, it doesn’t bother me too much if it is and it explains the price drop.
Re Art of Sound Thorens. Avoid the 316/318/320. I had a 318 and found it quite dull and plodding.
TBH, they look gorgeous but I'd be inclined to look for a Thorens 124, a Lenco 75 or a Garrard 301/401 especially as you are looking at close to $2k.