NuForce STA 200

Hi, everyone! I need some inputs here. I am shopping for a Amplifier and came to know NuForce STA 200. Is it a good amp? What is a pre-amp recommended to go with it? I called the seller, the guy said he recommended any “decent” Parasound pre-amp. What do you think? If I buy the amp, for now, will use it to run my Klipsch R28F and will use my Onkyo TA-8555 as pre-amp. 
justinpham2012
Keep in mind the STA 200 amp has an input sensitivity of .45 volts and a gain of 34.5 db. It was designed with the intent of the user to feed straight into it, the Nuforce dac, which puts out just a bit under 1.5 volts. Using any preamp, with gain ( non passive ), it is likely you will be using just a small movement of the volume control. If there is any system noise preceding it, this amp will amplify it. It is, however, an excellent amplifier and will sing with your Klipsch. Enjoy ! MrD.
^^^^^ Excellent advice. If most of the content is digital, e.g., streaming, CD, etc., this amp would be a good candidate for a DAC with a volume control , albeit it may sound a bit dry when compared to a tube front end active preamp.
Hi Justin -

The thing with the Adcom GTP 500 and 535 is that those pieces are almost 30 years old.  They are most likely due for an overhaul, so you would not be saving money in the long run.  

I would still recommend the Class D audio (CDA250).  They are having a 10% off sale right now.  These are the amps of the future in my eyes. 

The Onkyo would still be your front end and act as the preamp.  At some point that would be your next upgrade.  By then, you may have more scratch to spend.

Rich 
@rar1 many many thanks to you because with your help, now I almost make my decision. I’m debating myself between Class D Audio CDA250 vs. NuForce STA 200. Same money between these 2. So @rar1,please 1 last question, 1 last input from you ( I appreciate your help alot) which one do you choose? Base on what I have now and for future upgrade. 
I have the CDA 250 and love it.  So, that would be my vote. 

I have a working ADCOM GTP 500 II (with the remote) that I do not use anymore.  If you send me your address (private message), I will send it to you free of charge.  You would use this as your preamp.  It has a built in phono input and it has a FM tuner, as well.  I bought it 28 years ago as my divorce present to myself.  

This is an old school preamp, so I have no idea how you would do HT bypass, etc, but this would get you started for now.

I am away on business for the next week, so it will be a week or so before I can get this out to you.  I am also assuming that you live in the US.

Rich