First Foray into XLR

I know this is a topic like ‘oil’ or ‘tires’ on a car forum, but I have to ask...

Marantz AV8802a to Odyssey Stratos amp to Aerial 7T’s. Looking for advice on 1M XLR’s from pre/pro to power amp.

I’m skeptical of cables and snake oil claims, but I’m trying to be open minded. I’ve not used XLR before, so I’m not replacing anything, and not looking to spend a fortune, but would like input from others who’ve been where I am.

thanks
english210
@ieales
Looking back, I've got to laugh a bit at my own statement, as mind blowing and blows away aren't terms I usually use when describing, what are usually quite subtle differences, when comparing A and B, very nice components. I would not say that the difference was mind blowing, just the fact that it could possibly sound any better than it already did, along with the overall engagement of the performance.
As far as the driving device - not really sure which of John's collection of players and DACs he was using, certainly one far and above anything I have. Our original quest was to compare the The PrimaLuna to the Vac. We did not switch around any components - other than the two amps and cables, along with a bit of tub rolling with the PrimaLuna.
All of my equipment is single ended and in all, have been quite happy with what I have, including my silver RCAs...Jim

The first thing to be skeptical of is manufacturers who install XLR I/Os, but their component/s ae not balanced internally. How is one to tell anything in tht case? 

Reviewers who are tasked with reviewing actual XLR kit seldom have differentially balanced systems. How many times have I read them say "I hear no difference" Meaning Editors should be shot, then hanged, then shot again for such stupidity, and yet, it has gne on this way fo decades. I used to send nasty letters to such editors, but finally gave up. You can't fi stupid. 
tweek1
"Reviewers who are tasked with reviewing actual XLR kit seldom have differentially balanced systems. How many times have I read them say "I hear no difference" Meaning Editors should be shot, then hanged, then shot again..."

...then disemboweled and hanged too? How Medieval!

Another transgression is to have vastly different impedances on the UnBal vs Bal inputs.

Unless one can, or bothers to obtain and, read a schematic, making evaluations between the two may be specious.
ieales
You make a good point there!
It might just be my cynical nature but, it seems to me that XLR I/O connectors on high end consumer - audio gear is nothing more than Bling.