Simaudio 260D - As transport

Since I have digital Mcintosh digital pre with an excellent internal DAC I am considering to upgrade my Cambridge Audio CXC with Simudio 260D transport without the optional DAC .
Can you advise how is the 260D as a transport ? Will I notice a substantial improvement compare to my CXC ?
The 260D transport without the optional DAC won’t have the digital in connections only the out ones ?
The CXC had no issues with hybrid CDs
Is it the same with the 260D or it can read only red book format?
itzhak1969
The CXC might be consider as very good value for money transport but raises questions why Cambridge doesn’t publish critical information such as THD, signal to noise ratio,Intrinsic Jitter and so on as Simaudio and other brands do.
Just received today the Simaudio 260DT (transport version only) first nothing special but after an hour operation... oh my god... the soundstage became huge, massive dynamics,excellent separation and transparency.Everything is more natural and effortless.
Heavy CD and the build quality is extraordinary.
Completely in different league than my old Cambridge CXC !
why Cambridge doesn’t publish critical information such as THD, signal to noise ratio,Intrinsic Jitter and so on as Simaudio and other brands do.

Intrinsic jitter is a useless number anyway.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

itzhak1969
I like reviewing the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of players as well.Happy Listening!
After more than a week of break in the 260D T is really starting to open up the sound is more organic and organised it’s like every note has its own space in deadly silence background so the whole soundstage is precise,detailed and effortless.It’s a remarkable transport.