Which is the best audio magazine?

I am getting back into high-end audio after a 20 yr hiatus and trying to educate myself on all the new technologies, sources & equipment choices.
What is currently the most objective & reliable audio publication that will support my research efforts?
Thank you.
thermals1
Peter Aczel was a man of strong views but he had an enormous amount of experience in audio. He could be described as the James Randi (supernatural sceptic/ buster) of the audio world. His views were never refuted and its unlikely they ever will be.

I'm sure most people involved in Hi-Fi journalism/entertainment (?) would rather he was quietly forgotten. It's difficult to refute evidence of blind tests where the sound of a straightened coat hanger is indistinguishable from a pair of $2000 interconnects.

Thank you for your work Peter. 

cd318
"
Peter Aczel was a man of strong views but he had an enormous amount of experience in audio. He could be described as the James Randi (supernatural sceptic/ buster) of the audio world. His views were never refuted and its unlikely they ever will be."

His views were often refuted and his experiments which he presented as science were shown to be substantially flawed, erroneous and deceptive he was not a skeptic buster but an evangelist, cultist and self-proclaimed visionary who's goal was to sell magazines under the guise of science when in fact he was faith-based "fundamentalist" proselytizer and it is sad to say that he is not missed by anyone in the world of audio with the sole exception of those he duped so you might want to explore the facts that surround the myth he promoted and that you now seek to continue.
cd318
Peter Aczel was a man of strong views but he had an enormous amount of experience in audio. He could be described as the James Randi (supernatural sceptic/ buster) of the audio world. His views were never refuted and its unlikely they ever will be.

>>>>Whoa! What?! You’re saying Peter Aczel was like James Randi? James Randi was a fraud. He was a Las Vegas showman and accomplished pseudo skeptic. And I only mean that in the nicest way. He also tried to con a few audiophiles when he ran out of spoon benders to go after. Actually that’s a pretty good analogy, now that I think about it.

Wow thermals1

That actually scared me a little when I read the OP cause I don't think the magazines are at the top of the listening food chain any more. That sounds horrible doesn't it?

It's really hard to come from the golden era of HEA and feel that same vibe today through the HEA magazines, forums and trade shows. I would recommend joining a couple of audiophile forums that stay clear of internet trolling. Also consider getting some input from listeners from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and that part of the world as they seem to be ahead of the listening curve over US listeners.

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net