Apple TV Streaming Sound Quality vs Streamer?

I am looking for the weak link to improve sound quality.   Seems logical it is the Apple TV as a source.  Would a moderate streamer inside of $1500 make much of a difference when streaming Tidal and the like?  

Current Equipment:
Speaker: Dali Euphonia MS-4
AMP: Modwright KWA 150 SE
Preamp/ DAC: Peachtree Grand Integrated
Source: Tidal / Apple TV
puffbojie
@Kalali -With an Apple mobile device or computer, you basically just hit play and then choose the Apple TV box to send the music to.  Per robr45, it is truly one of the main reasons I listen to music as much as I do.  It changes so much about what you can experience in listening sessions.  -*Even though it may hamper the sound quality to some degree. 
This means you are already using Apple AirPlay.  As I mentioned, there are better AirPlay sources than the Apple TV, especially for music.  The network can also make a difference.
Apple TV streaming sounds really poor. I was excited to get the Tidal app on it but it just sounds poor via hdmi into an Arcam AVR 850. Ok for tv but not for audio. 
Apple TV with the Tidal app sounds fantastic IMO.

Tidal is only CD quality after all.

I use the Sony TV optical digital out to a Gungnir Multibit D/A converter into my audio system and get great TV, BluRay, and audio playback from my iMac SSD.
Curious why you say Tidal is only cd quality after all?
Or are you of the opinion, as some are, that the MQA titles do not offer any improvement over 16/44 redbook content?
Just my 2 cents but I can hear a considerable difference on some MQA titles compared to the "regular" 16/44 stream offered on Tidal.
But a lot of that could be the rest of my system, who knows?