Recommended cork platter for my SL 1200 GR Technics TT

Howdy folks-

I'm new to the vinyl kingdom but have some early success with cart, phono pre and turntable selections. Most pieces of the system are new and coming together nicely. 

Problem is the Gosh Darn static. Dang! All new and old vinyl is cleaned through my Record Doctor and come off looking good with no charge. Next step into the MoFi static free sleeves and wait to be played. When it's game time, I pull them from the sleeve, no charge but I hit em with the Milty Static Gun, then onto the table to be groomed by my Audioquest anti static brush and played. 

When I pull the record off the table, most have a static charge and some you can feel the charge coming off the record like it's an electrical storm! Dang sauce! 

I'm also running my dehumidifier between playings. I'd say the humidity is around 45 to 55, but doesn't seem to make a difference. 

Cork platter? Shrimp platter? 

Thanks for chiming in!

Brent
128x128knollbrent
The best platter mat for Technics DD turntables are the SAEC SS-300 (alloy 870g) and Micro Seiki CU-180 (copper, 1.8kg) if you want to block EMI effect and eliminates the distortion-producing resonance in the 200-400Hz range, which is common to most all conventional rubber mats. This results in a 10~20dB net reduction in overall resonance, to further reduce distortion at its source. Some cartridges, especially the LOMC, are sensivite to the rotor under the platter, felt mats or cork mats can't solve the problem.

Static is not a problem at all, just buy $10 carbon record brush and use it everytime you play vinyl. There is no better solution that this. You can also buy Antistatic Gun for $60 and then you can forget about static. 
I have a micro record brush and it has an earth lead on it connected to the TT earth. Brush before and after play, clean record, no static.
GRUV GLIDE...Kills static eliminates it! one of the best products for vinyl records imo, I dont play records without this stuff. You apply it once and then not agian for a long time. excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/GruvGlide-GRUVGLIDE-DJ-Package/dp/B0015VEZ22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=15282...
Matt M
I might suggest an alternate approach.  And maybe the culprit isn't the turntable.  Maybe you are generating static electricity which discharges when you touch the table. 

So try this....  Grab a small allen wrench (usually plenty around audio equipment) and MUTE THE SYSTEM.  Touch the allen wrench to the preamp chassis to discharge any static you might have generated.  Then see of there is static when you raise the tonearm or touch the record.  

My listening chair has upholstery that tends to generate static electricity which I have to discharge before touching any equipment.  
You house is probably too dry. Add a humidifier to you HVAC. The cork platter will change the sound and usually not for the better.  Notice that many of the best turntable manufacturer's don't use mats.