Tidal and MQA..two questions.

Tidal seems to be in financial trouble as it has been reported in many news outlets. Jay-Z is having problems with not paying artists and paying two artists too much money.
https://siliconangle.com/blog/2018/05/20/tidal-investigates-data-breach-led-allegations-fraud-financ...
1. Therefore if Jay-Z was forced to sell the artist owned company ...who would bail it out?
2. Also are there any other streaming services that offer MQA content (other than Tidal)?

128x1282psyop
Interestingly at the end of that article there is a suggestion Sprint would sell its one third share in Tidal.
Yes I think Sprint may do that. But for those who do listen to MQA content and the investment the recording companies and Bob Stuart has placed into MQA where will one be able to listen to MQA if Tidal folds? I would think someone will buy it???
Someone will buy it. Streaming was 65% of music revenue last year. Jay-Z seems to need a lot of money so he’ll probably sell eventually. That would be OK with me as I’d rather have the emphasis on the site on something other than hip-hop/contemporary R&B.
There have been numerous reports that Tidal has been hemorrhaging money for at least the last 1-2 years. In part, that's due to the subscription cost being so high. In any event,  Apple and Spotify dominate the streaming market and Tidal is a bit player (pun intended).

Sprint owns 33% of Tidal and Sprint itself is owned by a Japanese bank. Plans for a merger of Sprint and T-Mobile (owned by Deutsche Telephone) were quashed under the Obama administration, but have recently been revived as Trump is viewed as more "pro-business" (or more anti-competition).

Music streaming isn't a major consideration for Tidal's owners (Jay-Z included). Sprint, presumably by appealing to the "millenial" contingent by oh-so-cool advertisements for hiphop streaming music, the corporate "suits" hoped to increase their subscriber base. It hasn't succeeded for Sprint. T-Mobile has expanded, but only by disengaging from "traditional" cellular contracts and data caps.

Jay-Z hasn't been able to figure it out: that's obvious. Unless Tidal's other owners can write off losses or somehow capitalize on hifi streaming, I suspect it's soon to be dead, MQA or no.
None of the streaming services have ever turned a profit.  When Spotify was preparing for their IPO a few months ago, they publicized their prediction that, in 2018 they would turn the corner and start turning a profit.
A few weeks ago metrics for the music industry were published and downloaded content declined, while CDs and vinyl held their own, the increases were all on the streaming side.
I suspect that the business of streaming music will follow the video streaming companies, and start raising their prices.  They'll need to, to stay in business.  A few months ago Netflix added a few bucks a month to their price; there were some negative comments for a few days, but I'd be surprised if they lost that many subscribers as a result of the price increase.