Best Amps/preamps for Theil cs1 speakers

I am looking to maximize the sound quality of my Theil cs1 speakers. They are currently powered with an NAD 2100 amp paired with an Adcom GFP 555II preamp. The speakers sound very good with this system, but I am not sure that it is bringing out their full potential. What upgrade if any, would provide the biggest difference in sound quality for these speakers?  I have been considering getting another NAD2100 and then running the pair in bridged mode. Will that make a substantial difference? Does anyone have other ideas?  Unfortunately, my budget is limited to $500 for this upgrade. Thanks for the help.

jplunkettj

jplunkettj

after you sort out the amp/preamp situation, feel free to join us over on the Thiel Owners thread (speaker section). I would be interested in learning more about you and your Audio journey. When did you purchase CS1 speakers?

Happy Listening!

Thanks for your response jafant! I will check out the Theil Owners thread.  FYI, I purchased the speakers in the late 80s early 90s to replace my old Advents.  I originally powered them with my Accuphase E202 integrated amp which I loved, but ended up replacing with the Adcom/Nad combination.  I would be interested to know how other Theil owners have set up their systems to see if there is an economical solution that would help  me to upgrade.  

I think you mean you have a Adcom GFP 565 preamp the 555 is a amplifier. Also, When your really ready to hear those Theil's the way Jim intended, look at purchasing a McIntosh amp and pre amp!

Matt M
Not a mis-type, there is a GFP 555II preamp, not to be confused with the GFA 555 amp . If my $500 budget is out the window, which McIntosh amp and preamp would you recommend?

jplunkettj

the Accuphase is on my list to demo. It would be a newer model than the E202.

Happy Listening!