Well Tempered/CROFT/Harbeth...London SG or NAGAOKA

This system has performed very nicely with my Charisma Denon 103.... However, I don't want to keep borrowing my Step Up and 0.5 meter Interconnect from my main system. So I'm leaning toward a HO/MM to simplify and get this setup up and running on it's own. The synergy between the London and CROFT phono is well documented... And as many know, they like damped arms, so the SG should perform well with the Amadeus. The London SG retails at around $1,200 US. Enter Nagaoka... I believe the NEW Well Tempered MM is actually a modified Nagaoka, but based on it's price, it may haven begun life as a 150 or 200.  I'd likely go a bit higher up the line to a 300 or 500 series. The London seems like the way to go, but I do have concerns about the whole no Cantilever thing. I guess these are not for the faint of heart, as they say. Then of course, I don't want to sell the Nagaoka short. I like what I've heard about these, and they seem to fall in to the more full bodied, and not Hi-Fi or exaggerated camp. The London, I'm not so sure as they say these are so alive and open sounding. That may not be a bad thing, as long as they are not crude or etched in any way. Thanks in advance!
fjn04
@fjn04 
I assume with the Nagaoka MP (500) I would give up the London's insight in to the emotion of music. 
Well, as you've noted, it's to what degree. The quasi-cantileverless design gives very fast risetimes such that there is an immediacy to everything with percussion benefiting very noticeably. Once you have used a Decca, it is not easy to switch back. That said, if you like your reproduction unoffensive and laid back, a Mullard man so to speak, then the Decca sound may be too edgy.  

I think I'm an Amperex Bugle Boy man (-: I'm just looking to play to the strength of the P3's.  Flesh out the midrange, plenty of  body, yet not lacking detail. The Charisma is really very nice... I just want to avoid having to purchase an SUT, and another interconnect. 
Chakster- I want to say the WT arm effective mass is 10 grams. Low mass, yet with the damping seems to work with a fairly wide range of cartridges. I don't own the WT cartridge. I've heard it was quite good though. 
Well, this is indeed a low mass, the reason why your upgraded Denon is not performing at 100% is that you need a superheavy tonearm for it, at least double mass compared to your WT arm or even higher. You have already upgraded the aluminum cantilever/spherical tip, so all you need is a mid or high mass tonearm as a compliment to extremely low compliance of your Charisma Denon. Think about it, maybe you’re missing something.

It’s good that you don’t have WT Nagaoka cartridge, maybe you have to try Garrott Brothers p77i cartridge if you want to stick to the new carts only.

But i think you’re missing alot when it comes to MM if you’re ignoring the very best Moving Magnets from the 70s/80s era. With 10g effective mass arm you can use mid or medium-high compliance cartridges. I think you can use Garrott p77i, AT-ML170, or that Glanz MFG-610LX - they are all medium compliance.

Cheaper alternative is Ortofon M20FL Super (Fine Line stylus) - this is an old favorite of many audiogoners, today it's under $300 in top condition. Also medium compliance. 
Boxer, Just a note to say that the Nagaoka MP50 is a long gone item.  The MP500 is said to be the modern equivalent, but as I recall, Raul et al, did not think it was quite as good as the old MP50.  I am relying on memory to say this.  Yet the MP500 is the best of the current Nagaoka MP line-up, for sure.