Captain Crunch decoder ring for findind audiophile quality CD recordings

I have recently added the beautiful sounding Primaluna Prologue Eight CD player to my system.  I now want to add CDs to my collection that can take advantage of this new world of high quality CD playback the Primaluna provides. The Primaluna highlights any shortcomings in the CD recording process so i need to be able to identify well recorded material. So heres the question, what is the Captain Crunch Decoder Ring when reading a CD "liner material information" that will identify a high quality recording?

ezstreams
 Although the prima Luna CD player is high razz, it is also tubed and should offer some forgiveness of bad recordings.
The trouble with finding good clean recordings… Is trouble finding good clean recordings.
The CDs offer a scarcity of information in terms of the resolution offered, whether it was transferred from tape, the original tapes, or digital remaster’s. 

The frustration you describe is shared by many of us. It takes more work in time to search on the Internet to find reviews or ESA Tarik information that will give us the answer we are looking for. Unfortunately many times I can’t even find this information.

But what you can do, is go to the loudness wars website. It is a consumer driven website where people analyze CD recordings and rate the recordings and post them on the website for every album. 
Loudness Wars website referenced above - http://dr.loudness-war.info.

Search for the recording you are interested in and make note of the UPC and date released (in general, dynamic range began to suffer after 1998). Take that info to eBay or Discogs, which are my main sources. Acoustic Sounds is a good place for 24-bit FLAC or DSD, but these also need checked out before purchase.

You can obtain your own dynamic range meter to test your own recordings, the DR website provides instructions. 
"Talking Timbuktu" is a good one.

Hadn’t listened to it for a while, discovered it again the other day.