What's Next

Looking for recommendations for speakers to listen to as possible replacements for my Monitor Audio PL 500's? My room is 20' X 26'.
ricred1
Audiotroy,
I recently compared my Jeff Rowland 625 S2 to the PS Audi BHK 300 amp, Ayre, and Bryston amplifiers. I prefer my 625 S2. I'm interested in comparing different preamps to my Jeff Rowland Corus preamp, but I need something with HT bypass. I think my requirement for HT bypass prevents me from getting an integrated amplifier.?
After several months I think I can finally say I'm done. I asked what's next at the being of the year and this is what I've been doing:
I listened to several amps, speakers, and different cables over the past five months. The amps and cables were auditioned in my own system. I listened to several speakers to include Paradigm Persona 7Fs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2s, Legacy Audio, and a few more. I submit several of them sound really good, but nothing in my price range that made me want to change speakers. My next venture was with amplifiers. I evaluated the PS Audio BHK 300 mono-amps, Bryston 4Bsst2, and the Bel Canto ref 600 in my system. I listened to the Gryphon 300 and T+A at an audio show. My amplifier experience really earned my respect for my Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier and I decided to keep it. Finally I started auditioning cables, to include power cords. I ended up changing to Audioquest Hurricane and Tornado power cords. I went from Wireworld Platinum XLR cables to Audioquest Fire XLRs. The only thing left to explore were speaker cables. I had Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cable. I listened to Shunyata Alpha and Sigma, Audience AU24 SX,  Audioquest Oak, Audioquest Redwood, and Clarus Crimson speaker cables. The Clarus isn't well known and was recommended to me by a Monitor Audio Distributor. The Clarus Crimson worked best in my system and I purchased them. It's been a long and fun process! I'm pretty confident that I'm done for some time to come!
With a 35k budget your limitless edoevially if you buy on the secobdary market..i judt had the Vivid G2 in my room and they are incredible..rheres,a used pair fo
Sorry ..on the net right now for 20k....and someone suggest tekton DIs,really,lol
Ricrdi,

Just got to comment on your point, I listened to the Gryphon 300 and T+A at an audio show. My amplifier experience really earned my respect for my Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier and I decided to keep it.

The only way to know the sound quality of one of these uber amps is to compare these products to your Rowland gear.

Used to sell Rowland gear and it is excellent it is however, very creamy and lacks in our opionion some of the speed and transparency of the Gryphon and T+A gear the only way to know for certain is to listen to it in your system.

It is impossible to know at an  audio show what is doing what, on different speakers, source components, cabling and room acoustics? You can only judge the sound of a complete system it is only by switching out gear can you hear what is doing what. 

Most people who have compared the T+A PA 3100 integrated to Pass separates, or many other companies products prefered the T+A gear by a long shot, The PS gear, Bel Canto and Bryston are not in this level of sound quality, build quality or attention to detail that the uber products do, and the Rowland gear is warmer and more involving then the Bryston and Bel Canto gear.

Other than that and perhaps an even better source there isn’t much more you can do, other than vibration reduction and room tunning.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ