McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold or what?

If you wanted a McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold but couldn't find one what would be your second choice. And you could choose new or vintage.
rick542
@labtec   Exactly right!! I just had my 21 year old DNA-1 driver board replaced by Steve and Patrick at SMc Audio along with a panoply of other upgrades such as all new wiring,Furutech IEC inlet new Cardas RCA input jacks and new speaker binding posts.  As good as my Rev A+ amp was it is so much more open, sweet, detailed and dynamic now.  If the OP can get ahold of a previously modded DNA or a stock piece, for a modest investment the SMc guys can do their magic to it.
@hifiman5 Gratz on the recent upgrade.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I recently had a Rev A Platinum updated with similar experience.  I even had him use a smaller version of the Bocchino IEC that he uses on his $20k power distributor.

I've never been disappointed with the mods I've had done in the past, but the delta is even greater now with what he's doing on the power delivery side.  It's an amazing level of refinement and liquidity that is critical to bringing realism and making your toes tap to the music versus just listening to HiFi.
If you can find a non working model, SMc Audio will do upgrades. They really only need the case, everything else gets scrapped.
If you are patient, you can score one on Ebay. Keep looking on Hifi Shark everyday, like I did. 
Bob
Post removed