Anybody notice DTS is hardly used anymore?

I went to look for a movie tonight and could not find one DTS soundrack among all the new releases that I wanted to see. Blu Ray is even worse. I was told that DTS Master Audio is only used for about 20% of the titles coming out.

It's never easy being an audiophile, but between the rejection of SACD and now DTS, things have never seemed this bad!
autosports
I'm with you Kal, both DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD are lossless. In theory DTS HD MA has more bandwidth, but I don't know if it will prove to be better, and my experience, it depends more n the Blu-ray or HD DVD than the codec.
Lol. Let's face it. When it comes to audio, it seems like us audiophiles and AV enthusiest alike are basically just lucky to be enjoying a few good hi rez audio formats - which may or may not eventually come down the pike - while the rest of the consumer world is just interested in some convenient storage menthod, broad based technology, or life-style gadget..which likely comes with otherwise compromised, if mediocre sound quality, often! Then, if some major medium storage technology or playback format happens to throw in some good sound to boot, then we just, well, get lucky!
I mean, really, it's basically as if the majority of the consumer world has almost nil interest in something sounding good! And really, when you think of dvd, cable, satalite, and flat screen technology, most of the consumers are really only interested in the convenience factor and integration of lifestyle! The sound is just some after thought, really. Sad, but true.
I hope when everything starts integrating with the internet, and media storage, large hard-drives and DVR's are the norm, that they'll at least allow us to keep some morsal of high quality sound! Dare to dream....

Iplaynaked - People often get Flatscreen, LCD, Plasma, Surround Sound, Multimedia not even for convenience but because of fashion and catchy names. Flat screen TV is considered modern TV and people are afraid to be called "oldfashioned" with old CRT TV.