Vandersteen Model 2D?

Just wondering if anyone might have some insight on what might be next for the model 2 series: either when a new revision might come out and what possible features they might add.
Seems like the model 2ce sig IIs have been out for about a decade now? (please correct me if I'm wrong) Do you think the next major revision is around the corner? 
You think it will be called 2ce sig III? I personally like the idea of a model 2D.
As far as upgrades, might a carbon tweeter be a good idea? I think it's likely important that Vandersteen keep these below the the 3K price point, so perhaps that is out of the question.
I know the model 2's are the quintessential all-arounders, but if there is a weakness, would the consensus be that is the tweeter? If so-it seems like that would be a good area to focus on.
Just having fun kicking around ideas for new model 2s. Looking forward to hearing others thoughts

bstatmeister
Hi tomic, when you say this:

VLR with carbon tweeter coming soon !!!
What you reckon the price might be on these? (I realize you wouldn't have anything specific, but I think you might have a good ballpark idea ;) ) You think it might double the price of these $1400 speakers?

And if the VLRs can have it why not the Model 2s? Surely that would justify a model 2D.

I wonder if RV could implement a model 2 CT for under 4K?
I think that would be a big seller, but might be encroaching on the Model 3 a tad..
I wonder if RV could implement a model 2 CT for under 4K?
IIRC, the price increase from Treo to Treo CT was about $1000. The XO probably also would need to be tweaked or further optimized. Is there really a market for a $4K Model 2? Maybe.
It might also be that RV thinks adding the carbon tweeter is reaching a point of diminishing returns for that product. I know, for example, that he thinks the Treo cabinet is a big jump, sonically, from what he can achieve in the 2 or 3. The Sig II is a really good speaker. RV probably figures serious listeners wanting an upgrade will pony up for the Treo CT.
What *I* would like is a Treo CT with a carbon midrange. But that would probably retail for >$15K and that's out of my budget!
when I spoke w Jaclyn at Vandy she said: “ no release date, no price just yet” re the VLR with CT and I also believe a change in sourcing to Scanspeak....

this really is just my two cents worth, RV  fights every day to build in usa and deliver exceptional value, the 2 really is high end on a beer budget, my guess is $4 k starts to push beyond that.....

After thinking about this, calling the next iteration of the model 2 the 2D would likely not be healthy from a marketing perspective, after all, you want to purchase speakers that throw a 3D sound stage. Calling them 2D would not create a good image in the minds of customers. That could be why he started calling his 2C's "signatures" when he did. Even if you skip 2D and go to 2E, that already sounds too much like the model 2CE and would likely confuse people. Calling it the 2F, doesn't have a good ring to it and while I think calling it the 2G sounds better, I think the 2CE Signature 3's would generate the most sales. Had to put on the marketing hat for a minute!