Denafrips maybe have a second thought.

I ordered an ares and received shipment about a week to ten days ago. Initially it would not turn on. Then I saw lights and eventually sound. Not sure what was going on but it was a prelude to what happened next. I liked the sound very musical but when using the first coax input I kept getting this weird volume problem. when a track would start it would cut almost completely off then go back to the original volume. So I needed to send it back which I am doing but it is expensive because there is no USA support at all. I almost bought the Pontus but glad I didn't since it would have cost even more to ship it back.

I am not saying never buy one or bashing denafrips just know if something goes wrong shipping back is exorbitant

viablex1
that makes sense having two units and come to find out he may actually pay the shipping not sure. I feel its kind of gray it did work then that started and you make some good points I am ahead for sure. 

I do have a holo coming and checked with them they do have a usa presence.
Viablex1, i have Ares ,No issue, I play it daily, The lights are hard to see. Its a very musical DAC.

When I owned the Ares I had no problems, probably should have kept it as it was not expensive but sounded very good.

Coincidentally, I have a Holo Spring too, which I'm definitely keeping.

Viablex1 , Denafrips warranty clearly states They pay shipping round trip not to mention top shelf customer service from the distributor Vinsine Audio
On top of this I understand Denafrips boards are easily removed , they are with the Terminator anyway , if failers occure by returning  the board if that is the case instead of the entire Dac ,.

What did Alvin of Vinshine Audio advise you don’t mention anything or did you buy it somewhere else ?
Post removed