Speaker recomendation

I just bought a second home and the room where the new system will go is quite large (60’x20’) with a wall of windows.  I’m looking for a pair of speakers that will be more for listening in position close to the system but that can still move enough air for when we have lots of people over.  Budget is about $10-15K for an amp and speakers.  I have a Moon 340i but fear it doesn’t have enough power to move the speakers I’ll get.  I was thinking about Golden Ear reference but my wife and I are more classical and jazz listeners and these are better for rock?  Suggestions appreciated!
128x128lgoler
there always seem to be some very nice Meridian active gear on trade in as owners move up the line..check in with some of the  bigger USA dealers, you might be stunned at what is available 
Stereo Design in San Diego always had 2-4 pair before owner retired...
Post removed 
WOW, SOIX I feel you bro. I used to sell chevy but started selling ford because IMO they're a better value. Unless Dave and Troy really aren't salesmen and devote their time as a mission of mercy saving audiophiles from the perils of disenchantment <(whatever that means). I for 1 will probably never listen to legacy or tekton speakers after all the trouble those two brands have caused here. I may be missing the best sound in the world, don't care! just drop it. 
OP $15k for speakers is not value shopping! In fact $5k spent wisely might be enough. Coincident Super Eclipse towers are ancient but very efficient and for jazz will put you in the room! google Holm audio. I bought a pair of Salon2's used so if they didn't work in my room I could resell at minimal loss and for a few weeks I thought they were going to go, but the cardis website speaker placement page saved the day and I think these have a home here. Sonus Faber and Vienna Acoustics also do jazz exceptionally well. Legacy, VMPS, Golden ear, Tekton D all boast value for the money and deliver it which is why at $15k I would step away from the budget table and look around because there's soo many no compromise speakers at 5 figures to choose from and I love Dynaudio's sound but i've read others complain about the bass? sounds like a room issue to me but you won't know til they're in your room. If you can spread the speakers wide apart some used Raidho's would be on my short list, I find Kef to be a bit conservative in the bass for my taste unless you go all the way. I thought i'd dislike Wilson at Azpona but they, the Sasha and Wamm sounded really, really good. Buying speakers without an 'in home' audition is like throwing darts blindfolded and throwing more money at the speakers will probably make it worse as they will just be that much more finicky to get the best out of. Threads like this tend to go like this because we all prefer different things from our system and nobody likes to be wrong, especially in this hobby where mistakes can cost thousands. Good luck, audition as much as you can regardless of price, give yourself at least 6 months to decide and ENJOY.    Steve
Steve you miss the point, of course we are saslesman, we run an active retail shop that is not the point.

There are really two kinds of dealers, one that sticks to a particular brand year in and year out because they believe in that brand, and they may or may not be actively pursuing new and immerging brands,  and other dealers that have a staple of products that they identify with and endorse, but who are  also actively pursuing new products to be able to offer their clients, what they feel  is the best possible performance for the price.

In the last few years we added, ATC, Quad S and Z series dynamic loudspeakers, Elac, Legacy and Rethem to our longstanding brands Kef, Dali, Paradigm, and PSB.

We moved into those brands because in each of their price ranges these products were bringing some unique attributes to the table.

As per $15k being value shopping depends on your perspective, if a $15k speaker blows away a $25k one then it is a value.

The man has a huge room which requires large high output speakers.

You also miss the point that yes there are older good speakers like the Conincidents but where can the OP hear them? Many people do not like to buy and sell and pack and ship it is time consuming and not fun.

Not to mention shipping large and heavy speakers is expensive and a complete pain,  and you also forgot that sometimes older drivers are not availible  and an older speaker may be diffiult to get serviced.

Unless you are going really old most of the much less expensive speakers systems will not play loud enough to pressurize that size of room.

Like it or not the Legacy’s Focus model is one of the few under $20k sets of speakers that will do the job, same thing with Tekton and Golden Ear which is why we mentioned all of those brands and other then Tekton you may be able to demo a Legacy and Golden Ear has many dealers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ