Beware the audio guru

There are a few contributors to these forums who apparently see themselves as gurus. They speak in absolutes, using words such as "always" and "never." They make pronouncements about products or techniques they’ve never heard or experienced, justifying their conclusions because contrary claims are "impossible" or "snake oil." Those who disagree are accused of being "deluded," or suffering some insurmountable bias, or attempting to further some commercial agenda. On occasion, they have taunted detractors with an appeal that they engage in a wager - one guy wanted $25,000 cash up front and an agreement drafted by lawyers. Another offered 5-to-1 odds.

I am not going to tell you who to believe. But for anyone who might be uncertain about sorting out conflicting claims here, I suggest they consider the behavior of experts in other fields. No good doctor offers a 100 percent guarantee on any treatment or surgical procedure, even if medical science suggests success. No good attorney will tell you that you have a case that positively can’t be lost, even if the law appears to be on your side. No true professional will insult you for the questions you ask, or abandon you if you seek a second opinion.

A doctor conducts his own tests. An engineer makes his own measurements. Neither will insist the burden of documentation falls upon you.

These might be details to consider as you sift through the many conflicting claims made on Audiogon. In short: Decide for yourself. Don’t let other people tell you how to think, or listen.
Ag insider logo xs@2xcleeds
ATTENTION:TO ANYONE ON HERE ESPECIALLY NEWBIES. It's best not to give out any personal information about yourself on here.I make sure never to give even my fist name or last name,what state if any I am from (could be from Europe for all anyone knows),any info about dealers you frequent,( there are no more high end stores around here; a pity) or anything else that would breach your anonymity.The 3 characters above are an example of a probable click and they are very suspicious to me for reasons discussed.My very first discussion post got removed over a member (similar in personality and theme with the 3 above),who was using 2 usernames and when he realized he was near to being "found out" he started talking like a black man with jive slang all of a sudden with his one username, in order to seem like he was two different people.Do like me and watch out and play it safe on not giving anything away about yourself in these discussion forums and lets realize we are all here for (clean) fun,sharing and learning. 
Post removed 
supertweak
ATTENTION:TO ANYONE ON HERE ESPECIALLY NEWBIES. It's best not to give out any personal information about yourself on here.I make sure never to give even my fist name or last name,what state if any I am from (could be from Europe for all anyone knows),any info about dealers you frequent,( there are no more high end stores around here; a pity) or anything else that would breach your anonymity.The 3 characters above are an example of a probable click and they are very suspicious to me for reasons discussed.My very first discussion post got removed over a member (similar in personality and theme with the 3 above),who was using 2 usernames and when he realized he was near to being "found out" he started talking like a black man with jive slang all of a sudden with his one username, in order to seem like he was two different people.Do like me and watch out and play it safe on not giving anything away about yourself in these discussion forums and lets realize we are all here for (clean) fun,sharing and learning.

>>>>It’s probably best to file that one under Whoa!
supertweak
If someone really has a good mind its hard to picture them verbally stalking somebody and multiple times pasting paragraphs from thier targets listings in thier own listings in an attempt to make them a joke.

>>>>Actually it’s more than a simple case of a spelling error. It’s a grammatical error. The word is his not their.
 I had a good time last night and I'm about to hit the sack,but before I do I will give everyone an even bigger "Whoa", as you spell it, form your own words from one of your  past posts.I am not so rude or insane that I would paste someone else's paragraph onto my Post in a grand effort to make them a joke like you do.The 3rd time you've done that with me. BUT ANYWAY quoting you: "A rich man has less chance of getting good sound than a camel going through the eye of a needle.You even have a little picture of a camel over the word camel and a pic of an eye over the word eye .Do you really think this is so? I'll bet that any good high end manufacturer or anyone who's been to shows or ever been to a good audio store at any time or any place would feel like splitting a gut laughing over that one.So you mean that people with Gryphon,Pass Labs,Solution,Audio Note,Audio Research and many others like that have little chance of  getting good sound??Perhaps sound like yours??Really?Your take from the Bible about rich men's chances of getting into heaven is not applicable to Audio in the real world.So according to you people with Audio Note Ongaku's or for heaven's sake Gaku On's can't get good sound like you have? I know Clint Eastwood has Rockport Equipment that cost a whole lot of money.Can't he get good sound either.All those Cowboy shows and Dirty Harry movies must have been all for nothing.I guess he's not as smart a guy as you either,huh? On the planet I reside on all those people have great sound.Anyone who would take your opinions seriously on anything at all, after a statement like that, really is someone sad.I Don't know what purpose you serve on here.To deceive people and steer them wrong? I haven't even looked through your posts to see what other ridiculous things you have to say.All I know is you keep pasting paragraphs from my posts into your posts and then at the bottom there is always the >>>>(that you do) and then the insulting comment.You are showing everyone on here what a world class you know what you are."Whoa" is right.You have got to be joking, and please stop pasting my paragraphs onto your posts,and I'm sure if there is a God looking down that he would appreciate you not misconstruing stuff that he says either.If you post or paste anything more about myself I will report you to Audiogon.You are a rare one..