DEDICATED CD PLAYER $1K AND UNDER, THOUGHTS?

Hello All. I'm considering upgrading my Marantz CD5005 cd player. I have enough silver disks to warrant treating them right. The Marantz has been ok but getting longer in tooth. I was curious as to what my fellow 'Goners have heard in the above price range that represent good values (new or used is fine). Amp is a Rogue Sphinx and speakers are new Magnepan MMGi's. Listening tastes are blues, classic rock and a smattering of jazz...Input appreciated...
128x128beernut
My advice is to save up another $200.00 and copy all your cd’s to a Bluesound Vault 2.  No more CD player period!  All your cd’s can get stored in your closet.

The Vault does require a wired internet connection which most people have, but if you don’t then you’re stuck with using a player.
The Vault sounds interesting but the idea of "ripping" 900+ cd's sounds daunting to me...
Do you have a dac that would allow the use of a transport or do you need a CD player with built in dac?
It’s not that bad.  Do a few everyday. Put your favorites in first so you can listen almost right away like on the first day.  Plus you get Radio Paradise commercial free which is great.  Then there is page after page of commercial internet stations to explore.

Sound is better than my CD players, especially the way over rated Oppo 105 D which I also own unfortunately.

I explore more of my CD collection when I can look around on the iPad while I’m listening to another track.  Best value in Audio in my opinion.

After you get over all that, add a Tidal subscription and your library just got huge. That’s next on my list. For the price of one cd per month you get an incredible selection of new music to explore.