BaerWald vs VPI setup protractors

Which is more accurate? Recently I decided to check my setup on a Scout using both the VPI gauge and a Baerwald protractor. Using the Baerwald the overhang is dead on in both locations, using the VPI the stylus misses the mark forward by about half a millimeter. Can this small amount of variance have a sonic impact? Has anyone else found this differene and what was your solution? 
128x128gillatgh
The Conrad Hoffman protractor is a PDF so while printing it, have a ruler ready to measure the actual print. Increase or decrease the print scale by as little as 1 to 2% and re-print it. It's best to print it at a professional print shop with plotter type printer usually used for printing engineering and architectural drawings because they're better calibrated than multi function printer-scanner-copier machines. Sometimes a printer's calibration will be perfectly okay in horizontal direction but a bit off in vertical direction (and vice versa). In such cases go to a different print shop. Yeah, I know it's a lot of trial and running around but that's the fun of creating your own protractor:)

And regarding mirrored surface for aligning the cantilever, use any small mirror. It works perfectly as long as there's sufficient lighting in the room.
@cleeds " I couldn't disagree more, and have long thought the cause of many complaints about LP playback are rooted in improper setup."

Actually, you could disagree more. What if your opinion was to use a T-square or a ball-peen hammer? (a little light levity is what this discussion is lacking.) 

Has anyone tried the DB Systems protractor?
https://www.musicdirect.com/analog-accessories/db-systems-dbs-cartridge-alignment-protractor?sc_src=...
jls001
And regarding mirrored surface for aligning the cantilever, use any small mirror.
That won't work. You'll need a mirrored gauge that includes an etched line that's used - along with the reflection of the cantilever - to achieve proper orientation of the cartridge in the headshell. That's how you can ensure tangency at the designated overhang point. Even with a pickup arm that doesn't specifically allow for adjustment of the cartridge at the headshell, there's enough potential left-to-right "slop" that not getting the cantilever aligned almost guarantees you'll never achieve tangency - even at the null points.
Dear @2channel8: Many of us, it appeared maybe 30+ years ago.

Dear friends: 

The main subject here other that @gillatgh has his answer is what @melm : """  But as for me, as long as I'm bothering, I try to get it as close to Lofgren A as I can. At least it makes system evaluaton more consistent. """

The VPI owners always been " there " using the supplied VPI JIG and don't try to change the VPI alignment type because is totally useless. You can't have a true advantage because on pivoted tonearms in any kind/type of alignment exist trade-offs. The VPI are very good choosed trade-offs.

Other than Stevenson A we all need to choose only one alignment set up that be made it with accuracy.

Sellers of protractors always are trying to sell us protractors that comes with several alignment choices, why?: because they only want to take our money and their arguments on why we have to have their protractors has no true foundations but only takes advantage of our very high level of our IGNORANCE about .

Over the years I gave as a gift to the sellers of protractors  my money because my  very high level of ignorance on the alignment tonearm/TT/cartridge set up.

The culprit of all that has its origins in the irresponsability of almost all the tonearms manufacturers.

R.
Has anyone tried the DB Systems protractor?
This is an old design that is intended to align the cartridge, and then is most useful only if the cartridge has straight, square sides.

It does not align the cantilever.  That would be considered a fatal flaw by many.