AT ART-9 vs Audio Note IQ3

I'm interested in trying an inexpensive cartridge for mostly rock, some funk, some electronic, very little jazz, and no classical.  I realize this is MC vs MM but both are the same price and get good reviews.  Tonearm is the 4Point.  Which one do you suggest?
vortrex
Can’t speak to the ART-9. I’m running the AN IQ3 on my Nottingham Interspace Jr. with stock arm. At approximately $1200 U.S., I’m not sure if I would consider the IQ3 an "inexpensive" cartridge but then that’s a matter of opinion.

Also, the IQ3 is manufactured by Goldring for Audio Note and I believe current production for the IQ3 has taken a backseat to Goldring’s products which makes the IQ3 difficult to obtain unless your audio dealer happens to have one in stock.

According to Peter Qvortrup, you’d have to move up to a MC (reference is probably to an AN cart), to achieve better sound.
So, Invictus, apparently you have listened to both the ART7 and the ART9 in the same system, on the same (SME V) tonearm, and you conclude that the ART9 is superior.  Can you say more, in more detail, about why you prefer one vs the other AT cartridge? Do you own both?
I'm going to return the cartridge.  No sense in risking there being unseen damage or wear to it.  Surely banging around inside a fairly big hard plastic case is not great for something so delicate that is built under microscope.  Disappointing to hear someone else had the same issue and amazing that AT doesn't tighten the nut a little more or put some Loctite on it!
You're certainly within your rights to return it, but I doubt that it's really been damaged.  Nevertheless, the possibility would play on my mind, too.
ART9 good move. I would like to give a thumbs up to Mr Thakker, I bought a ART9 and within a month hit the cantilever with my five thumbs and bent it to the left he said send it to him and he would see what he could do. Four to six weeks later I had a new cartridge for the cost of shipping. That is one of the best experiences I have had in this hobby!