Looking for a Giant Killer Digital cable

Hello all,

I’m looking for a Budget ‘Giant Killer’ RCA coaxial cable to connect my Oppo 203 to a DAC for music playback.

Can someone suggest something currently available in the $50 to $150 price range?

If however your experience says some new Optical cable in that range is as good or better, please, by all means do mention it as I could go either way of course!

A 1M to 1.5M will be sufficient.

Huge thanks!
blindjim
A variable cap and variable resistor on the input termination of the dac, and then use a scope to look..and tune a perfect edge on the input waveform.

I used to do that in hardwired video installs for custom built CRT projection systems. tuned both ends of the transmission line. cheap as all get out, best signal quality.

slightly outside of the capabilities of most but definitely doable.

other than that, it is the liquid metal cables, where the impedance is not a set aspect and dynamically adjusts to the signal and the termination in all given potential points of the line itself, in any given microsecond. Besides being capable of handling DC to MHz-GHz range signals. No other digital S/PDIF cable can come close to those specs.

It's a honey badger cable ---as honey badger doesn't care.

Although, not so inexpensive. Jim will need something extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-3eU67wOc

@auxinput

Impressive.
Certainly appreciated. Thanks.
. . . .. . . . . .

@in_shore > Anyway I find this cable subject interesting especially Audioengr comments and test results which got me to order his reference coax cable .

Blindjim > I’ll echo the need for you to clue us in on your subjective appraisals of the reference wire.
Plese. Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . ..

@lowrider57

Thoughtful.
Many Thanks.
. . . . . . . .. . . . .

@teo_audio
Thanks for the input.

Jim will need something else….

10 – 4!
. . . . .. . . . .

Yep. I’m still here.

I’ve decided to get a couple wires and some BNC to RCA adapters for my Oyaide BNC cable and do a wee comparison test among the three. One of the new wires is decided. The other one is still a question mark, but the dust is settling.

Although the Oyaide BNC on site is a 1.3M (4.27ft) cable, I’ll shoot for lengths of 1.5M (4.92ft). the application in this case simply does not warrant more investment IMHO.

Stay tuned for feedback on things going forward. Hopefully this will not turn out to be a matter of preferred differences, rather than improved performance given the constraints of the associated gear at this interval. We’ll see.

I just noticed, Oddly enough, in the clip I added, from the film 'miracle mile', I recognized a voice, and it was in the aerobics room, in the clip.

It was an uncredited speaking role in a film (one line), for Marina Sirtis  (Deanna Troy from Star Trek TNG).

I haven't tried i2s interface.  However, I think the Wireworld HDMI cables are probably the best design overall. 

Many have touted how good USB is and several are of the opinion that USB is the best digital audio connection.  Of course, you can only do DSD audio over USB (or i2s).  In my experience, digital COAX performed much better than USB, but I was just using the USB straight from my motherboard with a poor USB DAC.  I have not tried any of the upgraded USB cards (SOTM, JCAT, Paul Pang).  I'm sure the quality of the USB receiver in the DAC has a lot to do with it as well (the better ones being like Amanero or Singxer).