AT ART-9 vs Audio Note IQ3

I'm interested in trying an inexpensive cartridge for mostly rock, some funk, some electronic, very little jazz, and no classical.  I realize this is MC vs MM but both are the same price and get good reviews.  Tonearm is the 4Point.  Which one do you suggest?
vortrex
Ahh, the ART-7 is very low output.  I found this...

"According to an insider at Audio Technica (Japan) the ART7 is more for classical music because it has better micro layering of soundstage. ART9 on the other hand is a much more of an all rounder because it has a very powerful presentation which suits Jazz, Rock and Pop along with classical. ART7 doesnt have the macrodynamic force that the ART9 has. Moreover ART7 is an extremely low output cart making it a difficult cart for phonostage matching. The ART9 is much more friendly in its output voltage and matches with any decent phonostage."
It’s all about the gain structure of your phono stage. The 1.2mV ART7 is fine at +76db on my Pass XP-25, but could get by with a bit less gain. The ART7 uses non-permeable coil formers, which reduces its output but provides theoretically improved SQ. In other respects the two cartridges are similar, and either should perform well on the 4PT. The ART7 is fairly high compliance. It sounds better on the 4PT with slightly lower inertial mass after removing the middle of its three main counterweights. I suspect that AT’s addition of the ART9 model was primarily about ease of use.
I ended up buying a new ART-9 off eBay.  For those who have bought new ones, is there supposed to be two things rolling around in the box?  I don't want to open mine until I hear from the seller, Thakker.  The tamper proof seals are still in place but it just don't seem like things should be rattling around inside.

Probably you are hearing the mounting hardware (tiny nuts and bolts) rattling around in their container, but I wouldn't say for sure.

The notion, promoted apparently by AT, that the ART7 is "more for classical music" (compared to the ART9) is a bunch of hooey.  I own an ART7, and I play jazz and R&B nearly 100%, to my great pleasure with the ART7.