Thiel 3.6's vs. Vandersteen 3 sigs

Looking to upgrade. Currently have Vandersteen 2ce's which sound great, but have slight bass. So, I had to get a Velodyne FSR 12 to compensate, but this is not a really good match, I know. Anyway, I miss the bass that my old Thiel 03a's had by themselves. I'm guessing that Thiel 3.6's may cover all bases well. I'm not familiar with the VD 3 sigs, just hoping that they would cover the low frequencies better. Of course, the other option in to get the Vandersteen sub and keep the 2ce's. By the way, the speakers are powered by a Moscode 600 with a Rogue Audio 66 Magnum preamp. Any suggestions?
bdunne
Either the 2CEs or the 3Asigs with the Vandy sub is a virtually seamless transition, IF you use good filters. The only way I could tell that my subs were on, was to pull the plug. I've moved on for other reasons, but if you like the VAndy sound odds are you will NOT like Thiels. And the Thiels are much more fussy about upstream components.
I totally disagree with the Thiels being analytical and harsh -If they sounded this way, I would've unloaded them long ago - They need strong, solid power,and a decent front-end - They will reveal any weak links in your audio "chain" - I also don't know of a finer value (used) here on the 'gon - I would have never sold them for the Legacy, V/S and others that I've tried AND owned (not just demoed) In my current setup they sound full and powerful - To each their own...
I recently upgraded from the 2Ce's to the 3A Sigs, and I was astounded at the magnitude of the bass improvement. Turns out I have a significant standing wave problem in my listening room which only became apparent when I put the 3A's in my system. The bass of the 3A's will not disappoint, nor will the overall sound, given your opinion of your current Vandys. Good luck.

David