Pairing Planar Speakers With A Subwoofer (Eminent Technology)

What do you think of pairing the Eminent Technology LFT 8-B planars with a pair of Rythmik F25 subwoofers?

Please check out my room on my system page. I am attempting to emulate a set of Infinity IRS Betas.

System page: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/876

Eminent Technology LFT 8-B: http://www.eminent-tech.com/main.html

Rythmik F25 subwoofer: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F25.html

128x128mitch4t
wow.....Ok, this just in.  Not a fanboy of listening at a show for MANY reason's that are obvious.  IF something sounds GREAT at a show it still may not sound great at home.  Think of TV's in teh store that are all set to the brightest settings to compensate for the harsh lights AND to stand out from the others.  I personally pay the extra few hundy to get them fully calibrated to look their BEST in MY rooms!  

I will use a review or feedback from friends who's ears I know well to put something on my must audition list.  Feedback from a few friends about teh Sub 3's in convo's yesterday is that the Sub 3 is a MUST audition.

Even for those of us with full range systems already, the Sub 3 will free up even more of the headroom space on an amp.  It will smooth out even more your in room bass response (the EQ is kind of magic like this and unlike a digital EQ, you don't hear the analog one that Richard has designed.  As with all Vandersteen products, he's all about getting more than your money's worth and he hit this one out of the park according to folks I know who listened.  

For me, it's on my MUST audition as soon as I'm able to.  I have a feeling that these will do more for my system than spending another 5k on the speakers themselves. I'll hear for myself once that times comes, but it's on the radar as throwing down the gauntlet in the 5k and under category from the sounds of it.  Happy Listening.
Ctsooner...I went to the Vandersteen web page and did not see the model you speak of.  
Please provide a link to this sub.
no link yet Mitch.  They are brand new and only being shown at the shows right now.  Dealers will get theirs in a few weeks I believe.  I know about the EQ, but am not totally sure of what else they will have.  I believe the cabinets will look similar to their current model that was phased out over the last couple of months.  Do you have a Vandersteen dealer near you?  If so, get in touch and they will surly know.

I have JansZen hybrid Valentina ESLs mated to twin Rythmik 12G subs.  I think the key for my setup was a combination of settings. First, crossing over the subs just below the 30Hz level with the steepest filter slope, the bottom range of flat response for the integrated woofers on the JansZens.  

Second, setting the bass extension controls with maximum damping allowed to subs to play in a similar manner as the speaker woofers. Gettng the volume control on the subs so that the contribution felt simply like extension and not additional bass was also key. 

I ran the JanZens without subs for quite a few years before getting the subs but I wanted more impact and bass foundation.  I was afraid they would make things too thick sounding.  They don't when dialed in right.

I would think the new Vandersteen sub 3's would be a GREAT choice to mate up to them with their bass EQ.  Plus they would keep up with the speed of that speaker, which isn't easy for subs to do.