Pairing Planar Speakers With A Subwoofer (Eminent Technology)

What do you think of pairing the Eminent Technology LFT 8-B planars with a pair of Rythmik F25 subwoofers?

Please check out my room on my system page. I am attempting to emulate a set of Infinity IRS Betas.

System page: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/876

Eminent Technology LFT 8-B: http://www.eminent-tech.com/main.html

Rythmik F25 subwoofer: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F25.html

128x128mitch4t
@mitch4t , your room is stunning but dsp would, I imagine, be a must with all that glass and no room treatment. I find JRiver's onboard options very useful- even without any room correction software (just playing Alan Parsons' test tones and sweeps over and over and adjusting certain frequencies with varying Q worked well to tame room modes), but that only applies to digital playback I guess.
I love those speakers.  Have had them in my home a few different times over the last MANY MANY years, lol.  The brand new Vandersteen Sub 3' system would work great. I know they are very very fast subs (I own Quatro's and know how fast they are).  Their amp mimics the amp in the main system, which is one of, if not the only one that does this.  It's a simple, but great idea.  It also includes an EQ on each sub so you can dial in the bass so you can easily smooth it out in any room.  

I have a very difficult room and it works GREAT.  As we all know, it's hard to get fast sub bass that will integrate well with the ET's.  You have some good options, but make sure to set them up properly or you will never be happy.  The ET's have a special magic and you don't want to ruin them with subterranean  bass that isn't fast enough to keep up with the panels and won't integrate with the ET's own bass driver.  That's one reason I love the amp that mimics your's.  JMHO
wow.....Ok, this just in.  Not a fanboy of listening at a show for MANY reason's that are obvious.  IF something sounds GREAT at a show it still may not sound great at home.  Think of TV's in teh store that are all set to the brightest settings to compensate for the harsh lights AND to stand out from the others.  I personally pay the extra few hundy to get them fully calibrated to look their BEST in MY rooms!  

I will use a review or feedback from friends who's ears I know well to put something on my must audition list.  Feedback from a few friends about teh Sub 3's in convo's yesterday is that the Sub 3 is a MUST audition.

Even for those of us with full range systems already, the Sub 3 will free up even more of the headroom space on an amp.  It will smooth out even more your in room bass response (the EQ is kind of magic like this and unlike a digital EQ, you don't hear the analog one that Richard has designed.  As with all Vandersteen products, he's all about getting more than your money's worth and he hit this one out of the park according to folks I know who listened.  

For me, it's on my MUST audition as soon as I'm able to.  I have a feeling that these will do more for my system than spending another 5k on the speakers themselves. I'll hear for myself once that times comes, but it's on the radar as throwing down the gauntlet in the 5k and under category from the sounds of it.  Happy Listening.
Ctsooner...I went to the Vandersteen web page and did not see the model you speak of.  
Please provide a link to this sub.
no link yet Mitch.  They are brand new and only being shown at the shows right now.  Dealers will get theirs in a few weeks I believe.  I know about the EQ, but am not totally sure of what else they will have.  I believe the cabinets will look similar to their current model that was phased out over the last couple of months.  Do you have a Vandersteen dealer near you?  If so, get in touch and they will surly know.