Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Robelvick,

I wish you also the best of luck with the micromega and do let us know what you think.

The micromega is a interesting class d Intergrated that has a high quality built in dac that will accept high resolution digital and it looks to be a really solid build quality.If I ever get the chance to hear one I definitely will.

As Time moves fwd I definitely think we will see more of these one box wonders that are highly musical and functional and not just “Lifestyle components” that have the higher WAF.

I always go where my ears take me but sometimes my wallet doesn’t back that up either.

Kenny.
I would like to talk about USB cables a little,now I know this subject is highly subjective and controversial and if I didn’t try some different ones in my system,I wouldn’t have found the perfect match in Synergy for my system.

I didn’t think in the beginning that a Digital cable would make any difference at all but I’m a firm believer now and after trying several in my system and there again for my preference in sonics I have found a couple of cables that present themselves in a natural pleasing manner and the icing on the cake is they won’t hurt your wallet to bad.

I was lucky and got to borrow a few of the more expensive so called high end ones,such as wireworld and synergistic research,but I found these cables to be quite brite sounding and really exaggerate the leading and trailing edges of notes with none or very little bloom to the sound.
I ended up buying one of the phasure lush cables and I have been comparing this cable with a custom made cable that grannyring is making and perfecting over several months of careful listening comparisons.

I do believe that they both compare quite closely and I could easily live with either one and I have no desire to try anything else at this point.

I usually do these cable comparisons by leaving a cable in my system for a wk or two and listen to all kinds of music,then I will swap and do the same and make my decision based on how well a cable balances out several different recordings in sonics and there again It’s all about overall system synergy and individual sonic preferences.

Enjoy,
Kenny.
I have two grannyring cables on the way. I have limited exposure to compare them though. Only BJC Cables, iFI gemini and Shunyata Research Venom. The BJC are nothing special, but the iFI Gemini makes the BJC cables sound great in comparison. I wouldn't wish the Geminis on my worse enemy. I love the sound of the Shunyata Research Venom. At $90 they are a heck of a value and I have them on both sides of my iFI Micro USB now. But I'm sure the aren't in the same class as the Lush. I wanted to sample the lush but if Grannyrings are similar, I am really looking forward to their sound. My Ulfberhts with the 2170 just respond to anything you change in front of them. That's a ton of fun for me.
bullitt5094,

You made a good decision and I think those grannyring cables will give you the sound you want.But as you know only one way to find out and let us know how they work out.

I’ve used the Shunyata venom and for me it was only ever so slightly better than a standard cheap usb cable in all sonic quality’s,no experience with the gemini though.

Enjoy,
Kenny.